- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Robert Gordon University (RGU) has a beautiful campuses with facilities that will have a real influence on students' capacity to learn. Its teaching staff have an outstanding reputation for quality and academic research, and its track record in graduate employment is amongst the best in the UK. The range of courses includes online degrees as well as traditional taught courses in subjects as diverse as art and design, management and engineering.
UCAS Code: R36
League Table Scores
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the university.Read more
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the university.Read more
A measure of the proportion of staff involved in high-quality research in the university.Read more
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the university.Read more
The average staffing levels at the university.Read more
Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the university spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more
A guide to how much the university spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the university.Read more
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 72%
- Postgraduate 28%
Mode of study
- Full Time 72%
- Part Time 28%
Where students come from
- UK 82%
- EU 9%
- Other 9%
- Male 36%
- Female 64%
Mode of study:
- Full time (68)
Student Services and Facilities
- The library is equipped with more than 250 workstations, multi-function devices for printing, photocopying and scanning, Wi-Fi, and desktop power for charging personal devices.
- It offers space for quiet and individual study, complemented by an extensive new study area designed to support collaborative and group activities.
- Part-time opportunities include positions in bars, shops and restaurants, as well as working for the university as a student ambassador.
- The Careers and Employability Centre operates My Career, an online jobs and opportunities noticeboard which advertises a large number of local opportunities from employers looking to fill part-time posts.
- At the beginning of term in September, the centre also hosts an annual part-time jobs fair on campus.
- The Employability Hub offers daily 15-minute drop in sessions, 30-minute bookable appointments and extended guidance and mock interview preparation when required. Students outwith Aberdeen can access telephone and Skype appointments.
- My Career Toolkit is an online resource with interactive topics covering areas such as writing a CV, preparing for interview, persuasive personal statements and more.
- Course-specific information ensures that students get career information related to their subject area. Regardless of whether students are looking for summer work experience or are beginning to apply for a graduate job, there are specific resources available.
- Students are encouraged to register with a local doctor (GP) as soon as they arrive in Aberdeen.
- Please refer to the university website to see a list of practices near RGU accommodation.
- Studying at university is an exciting and rewarding experience – for some it also brings changes that may, at times, be difficult and stressful. The university offers support through the Student Counselling and Well-being Centre, which has counsellors and a student well-being adviser who can talk over issues of concern to students.
- The university's Disability and Dyslexia Centre provides in-house assessment, advice and practical support to students and applicants with disabilities, learning differences and mental health conditions.
- The centre supports and enables students to fulfil their academic potential and is committed to promoting accessible learning and inclusive teaching practice across the university.
- Accommodation also caters to specific requirements, including level access, ground floor rooms and a vibrating pillow alarm, available for deaf students to ensure that they can be alerted to an emergency when asleep.
Other services and facilities
- RGU offers access to the Treehouse Early Care and Education centre for children between three months and five years.
- The chaplaincy offers people of all faiths and none a listening ear, confidential support, links to faith communities and assistance with major life events.
- Student Finance provides financial advice and support throughout students' studies.
- RGU:Union exists to make the student experience at RGU the best that it can be, working to listen to and represent students' views and make positive changes.
- The union provides a wide range of extracurricular opportunities such as societies, sports clubs, and volunteering, and also supports student well-being, providing help in times of need.
- The union thrives on student involvement, and is always looking for keen student volunteers to get involved. There are many different opportunities available throughout the year, from Faculty Officer to Freshers' Team.
- Robert Gordon University was founded in 1750 as a technical college, with full university status granted in 1992.
- The university has continued to grow, investing £120 million in its development. Since 2013, all teaching has been delivered at its Garthdee campus by the River Dee.
- RGU was awarded a TEF Gold award in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017, placing it in the top 20% of universities in the UK.
- Robert Gordon University offers the only online law degree for Scots law.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Roy Macgregor OBE – founder and Executive Chairman of Global Energy Group and Chairman of Ross County Football Club.
- Johanna Bergi – CEO Atlantic Airways.
- Gregory Poon MBE – Deputy Lieutenant for Aberdeen.
- Jim Heverin – Director, Zaha Hadid Architects.
- Callum Innes – award-winning artist, nominated for the prestigious Turner prize in 1995.
- Bill Morrice – Managing Director, Technip UK.
- Hon Felix Chung Kwok-Pan – Leader of the Liberal Party, Member of Legislative Council of the HKSAR (Textiles and Garment Sector) and Chairman of the Hong Kong Apparel Society (HKAS).
- Duncan Skinner – Chairman of Glencraft Aberdeen and Aberdeen Football Club Community Trust. Former CFO of Wood Group.
- Simon Drew – President KCA Deutag.
- Hannah Miley – Commonwealth and Olympic swimmer, representing Team GB at Beijing 2008, London 2012 and Rio 2016.
The Robert Gordon University, Garthdee House, Garthdee Road, Aberdeen, AB10 7QB