Robert Gordon University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Robert Gordon University (RGU) welcomes a vast range of nationalities – 16,000 students from 132 countries every year. With strong links to industry and a TEF Gold award for outstanding undergraduate teaching and learning outcomes (TEF Gold Award, 2017), the university provides a diverse and inclusive learning environment for any student.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
2,480 international students in 2016–17
- RGU provides a pre-arrival guide for international students. This includes information such as how to get to RGU, what to do on arrival in Aberdeen – e.g. collecting a Biometric Residence Permit – legal matters, and essentials that students need to bring with them.
- Student Buddies help students settle into life in the university and Aberdeen, offering first-hand knowledge and advice on how to make the most of their experience as a student at RGU.
- RGU accommodation has Residence Assistants (RAs). These are senior students who live in the residences and help with advice, welfare support, information and disciplinary matters. There are also Community Assistants (CAs), a team of senior students who actively promote events, socialisation and integration within university accommodation.
English Language Requirements
The following shows the minimum level of English language required; some courses require a higher level. Please refer to the university website or course prospectus Key Facts section for individual courses:
- IELTS Academic Test – 6.0 (with a minimum score of 5.5 in each component); or
- Pearson PTE Academic Test – 59 (with a minimum score of 51 in each component); or
- TOEFL iBT – 80 (with a minimum score of 17 in Listening, 18 in Reading, 20 in Speaking, 17 in Writing).
Accommodation for International Students
- Robert Gordon University offers a range of self-catered accommodation across the city of Aberdeen. While the university does not guarantee accommodation, its Accommodation Services team will provide a student-focused and personal service to help find suitable housing.
- Most rental costs include bills (including Internet and insurance) and 24/7 support is available if required.
- University accommodation is fully furnished with lounge and bedroom furniture, kettle, toaster, microwave, oven, fridge and freezer. A TV is also provided in the communal lounges of all accommodation except for the Craigievar Development.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.