Robert Gordon University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Robert Gordon University (RGU) offers a wide range of postgraduate courses with flexible study modes including online, part-time or full-time to fit around students' needs. The university caters for those who have recently graduated, want professional accreditation or are looking to retrain or develop their career.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,353 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 36%
- Part Time 64%
- UK 75%
- EU 6%
- Other 19%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||25||685||715|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||15||310||325|
|Librarianship & Information Management||15||120||135|
|Accounting & Finance||5||80||90|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||65||65|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||10||10|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||0||5|
|Art & Design||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
A number of scholarships are available to postgraduate students at RGU, depending on the student's course and year of study. Please refer to the university website for details, the following are a selection:
- RGU financial award for full-time on-campus taught masters courses (non-MBA): £1,000 discounts are offered to students classed by the university as Rest of UK (RUK) fee-paying students.
- Companies generously support RGU students year after year thanks to the university's strong links with industry.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university offers self-catering accommodation, available to all full-time postgraduate students.
- The majority of student accommodation is in the city centre, although a small number of rooms are closer to campus. Accommodation fees are inclusive of utilities, Internet and contents insurance.
- A limited number of 50-week leases are available which may be more suitable for those undertaking postgraduate studies.
- While the university does not guarantee accommodation to postgraduate students, the university Accommodation Services and ResLife teams will help students to find the accommodation that is right for them. Please refer to the university website for details.