- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Accommodation is available at locations throughout Aberdeen.
- Options include accommodation owned by the university, purpose-built student accommodation managed by private providers and privately rented accommodation.
- Live chat is available on the RGU website Accommodation page.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- There are a number of scholarships available to postgraduate students at RGU.
- Companies generously support RGU students year after year thanks to the university's strong industry links.
- The scholarships available will depend on the student's course and year of study.
- The university hosts a supportive research community based in its eleven schools, providing an environment conducive to high quality student experience and achievement.
- RGU has world class researchers in allied health professions, computer science, engineering, architecture, accounting and finance, business and management, library and information management, and art and design.
- Applications can be made through The Graduate School, a dedicated team who provide focus for the development of the research community.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
3,757 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 38%
- Part Time 62%
- UK 68%
- EU 7%
- Other 26%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||55||1320||1375|
|Subjects allied to medicine||40||660||695|
|Engineering & technology||35||460||490|
|Mass communications & documentation||10||240||250|
|Architecture, building & planning||15||150||165|
|Creative arts & design||5||5||15|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.