- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Robert Gordon University (RGU) offers a wide range of courses including online, part-time and full-time, to fit around students' needs – whether they are recently graduated, want professional accreditation, or are looking to retrain or develop their career.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,465 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 37%
- Part Time 63%
- UK 73%
- EU 6%
- Other 21%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||30||845||880|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||15||345||360|
|Librarianship & Information Management||10||140||150|
|Accounting & Finance||5||85||90|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||65||65|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||10||10|
|Art & Design||5||0||5|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- RGU Financial Award for Full-Time on-Campus Taught Masters Courses: £1,000 discounts are offered to students classed by the university as Rest of UK (RUK) fee-paying students.
- Companies generously support RGU students year after year thanks to the university's strong links with industry.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Robert Gordon University offers a range of self-catered accommodation across the city, as well as limited on-campus accommodation.
- While the university does not guarantee accommodation, its Accommodation Services team will provide a student-focused and personal service to help find suitable housing.
- Most rental costs include Internet, insurance and utilities.