- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
The University of Roehampton is committed to ensuring that all students, regardless of their background, fulfil their potential. A cosmopolitan community of around 10,000 students from over 140 different countries reflects the university's multicultural location in London. The university prides itself on providing students with high levels of contact time, with excellent teachers working at the cutting edge of their subject areas.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,330 international students in 2017–18
- Support for international students starts before students even get to campus with the university's pre-arrival activities, dedicated contact support and airport pick-up service.
- International Office staff make regular visits overseas to meet prospective students and offer advice on courses and visa applications.
- New international students are also offered a dedicated welcome and orientation programme.
English Language Requirements
- For undergraduate entry: IELTS equivalent of 6.0, with no less than 5.5 in any band.
- For postgraduate entry: IELTS equivalent of 6.5, with no less than 5.5 in any band.
- The university offers a number of pre-sessional English courses for those who don't meet the required language standard.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- University accommodation is guaranteed to international students who choose Roehampton as their firm choice and satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Bursaries and Scholarships
Available to international undergraduate and postgraduate students; the following is a selection, there are also scholarships for sports and esports. Please refer to the university website for details.
- International Excellence Scholarships: up to £4000 per year for high achieving undergraduate and postgraduate international students.
- Alumni Referral Scholarship: International students enrolling on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme who have been referred by an alumnus of the university who holds a full Roehampton qualification or who studied here on an exchange/study abroad programme. Applicants must be enrolling in a programme which is taught on campus.'
- Alumni Scholarship: for any alumni holding a full Roehampton undergraduate degree or postgraduate qualification; or who studied at the university on an exchange or study abroad programme who wish to return to undertake a higher programme of study. Applicants must be enrolling in a programme taught on campus.
- Roehampton Music Scholarship: to help students towards the cost of developing their talents through lessons, courses, or the purchase of relevant equipment such as instruments or sheet music etc. In return, music scholars enhance the cultural life of the university through performances and being available for events chosen by college heads.
- General support and counselling is offered by Student Well-being Officers; international students can receive additional financial advice and support.
- The university offers English Language courses and a summer school to help international students prepare for life in the UK while studying at Roehampton.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.