University of Roehampton
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Roehampton is committed to ensuring that all students, regardless of their background, fulfil their potential. A cosmopolitan community of around 10,000 students from over 140 different countries reflects the university's multicultural location in London. The university prides itself on providing students with high levels of contact time with excellent teachers working at the cutting edge of their subject areas.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,200 international students in 2016–17
- Support for international students starts before students even get to campus with the university's pre-arrival activities, dedicated contact support and airport pick up service.
- International Office staff make regular visits overseas to meet prospective students and offer advice on courses and visa applications.
- New international students are also offered a dedicated welcome and orientation programme.
English Language Requirements
- For undergraduate entry: IELTS equivalent of 6.0, with no less than 5.5 in any band.
- For postgraduate entry: IELTS equivalent of 6.5, with no less than 5.5 in any band.
- The university offers a number of pre-sessional English courses for those who don't meet the required language standard.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- University accommodation is guaranteed to international students who choose Roehampton as their firm choice and satisfy the eligibility criteria.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.