University of Roehampton
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Roehampton offers a first-class postgraduate educational experience, designed to help students reach their full potential and achieve the career they want. Whether studying for professional or personal development, there is a diverse range of postgraduate taught and research programmes to choose from. Set in a beautiful parkland campus in south west London, the university places emphasis on both teaching and research excellence.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
1,685 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 57%
- Part Time 43%
- UK 73%
- EU 10%
- Other 17%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||45||90||135|
|Business & Management Studies||10||60||70|
|Theology & Religious Studies||25||30||55|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||30||30|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||25||25|
|Classics & Ancient History||5||5||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Vice Chancellor's Scholarships 2017 (for PhD study): a variety of scholarships for UK and EU students, available by application.
- Alumni Referral Scholarship: 20% tuition fee discount for international students who have been referred to the university by an alumnus.
- Alumni Scholarship: 20% tuition fee discount for all alumni of the University of Roehampton who apply for a higher programme of study that is taught on campus.
- Vice Chancellor's International Scholarship Scheme: £500 or £1,000 fee discount for international students who have displayed good or high academic achievement; eligibility is assessed automatically. An International Excellence Scholarship offers a £6,000 tuition fee reduction for students who have demonstrated academic excellence.
- Fulbright-University of Roehampton Award in Dance: £14,600 for a United States graduate student pursuing a one-year (or the first year of a) master’s degree programme in Dance. Eligibility judged by the Fulbright Commission. There are also Fulbright awards for US citizens to support research or teaching at the University of Roehampton.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Roehampton has a range of accommodation for postgraduate students, including halls exclusively for postgraduate and mature students.
- There is guaranteed accommodation for first year postgraduate students who meet the university's eligibility criteria, please refer to the university website for details.