Royal Academy of Music
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The Royal Academy of Music has newly transformed facilities at its Marylebone Road home, including the 309-seat Susie Sainsbury Theatre, the 100-seat rooftop Angela Burgess Recital Hall, numerous refurbished practice and dressing rooms, music studios and new audio-visual facilities. The project marks one of the most significant building and renovation project in the Academy's near-200-year history.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
429 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 100%
- UK 50%
- EU 19%
- Other 30%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Some scholarships are specific to certain disciplines or study areas, such as postgraduate study. The Royal Academy of Music acknowledges that postgraduate study can be financially challenging, and has created a specific scholarship fund to support students. The scholarships are wide-ranging and extend to half-fees and full-fees awards.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The Marylebone Flats are a group of 11 residences, providing accommodation for 31 academy students in two, three and four bedroom self-catered flats, about 5 minutes' walk from the academy.
- Places are available to first-year students only, whether undergraduate or postgraduate.