Royal Academy of Music
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The Royal Academy of Music has newly transformed facilities at its Marylebone Road home, including the 309-seat Susie Sainsbury Theatre and the new 100-seat rooftop Angela Burgess Recital Hall, as well as 14 refurbished practice and dressing rooms, five new percussion studios, a large refurbished jazz room and new audio-visual facilities. The project marks one of the most significant building and renovation project in the Academy's near-200-year history.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
420 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 100%
- UK 52%
- EU 20%
- Other 27%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Some scholarships are specific to certain disciplines or study areas, such as postgraduate study. The Royal Academy of Music acknowledges that postgraduate study can be financially challenging, and has created a specific scholarship fund to support students. The scholarships are wide-ranging and extend to half-fees and full-fees awards.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The Marylebone Flats are a group of 11 flats located in Marylebone providing accommodation for 31 academy students in two, three and four bedroom self-catered flats, about five minutes' walk from the academy. Places are available to first-year students only, whether undergraduate or postgraduate.