Royal Agricultural University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The Royal Agricultural University (RAU) was established in 1845 and has been at the forefront of land-based education ever since. International students benefit from an inspiring entrepreneurial spirit and outstanding employability, learning from academics who care about their students and their subject, while enjoying a safe and welcoming campus community.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
110 international students in 2016–17
- The RAU offers a two-week international orientation programme. This helps international students with the practicalities of moving to the UK such as opening a bank account and registering with the police, along with daily English for Academic Purposes sessions.
- This unique programme also gives students the opportunity to visit famous places in the UK, get to know the local town and more importantly, make friends for life.
- The small fee includes airport pick up, accommodation, food, travel and entry fees.
English Language Requirements
- An IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or equivalent qualification is essential if the student's first language is not English. If students have been educated in English they can provide evidence for this as an alternative.
- For undergraduates, IELTS of 6.0 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any band.
- For postgraduate taught study, IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any band, for postgraduate research, IELTS of 6.5 overall with no less than 5.5 in any band and no less than 6.0 in writing.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students have the opportunity to live on campus subject to availability; students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Accommodation contracts are for 39 weeks, including the holiday periods, so there is no need to move out at the end of each term.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.