Royal Agricultural University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The RAU combines a 170-year heritage and industry connections with a forward-thinking approach that's ideal for postgraduate study. Food security and climate change create challenges and opportunities, with the need to produce more food and manage the land sustainably, while enhancing the rural economy and protecting its vital communities. Study options open up a wealth of career paths in land management, farming, agri-food or equine industries or informing future land-based policy.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
144 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 88%
- Part Time 12%
- UK 66%
- EU 8%
- Other 26%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Agriculture & Forestry||20||85||100|
|Business & Management Studies||0||25||25|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
RAU offers scholarships and bursaries to help postgraduate students achieve their full potential, with merit based awards for academic excellence and means-tested awards. The following are a selection, please refer to the university website for the full list of awards and eligibility.
- Astrotracks Get Into Farming Award: £1,500.
- Clyde Higgs Postgraduate Scholarship (five available): £5,000.
- RAU Outstanding Achievers Scholarship: up to £2,000.
- RAU Sports Scholarship: up to £3,000.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The RAU offers three designated quiet accommodation areas on campus, which are a mixture of postgraduate students and students who request a quiet block.
- Students can opt for catered or self-catered, standard or en-suite rooms, which include a housekeeping service, out-of-hours security and Wi-Fi in all bedrooms and common areas.
- Accommodation is allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. If students wish to live off campus or the accommodation is full, the accommodation team is on hand to help them find their place in Cirencester or the surrounding area. The RAU student lettings website Urban Fox also supports students in their search.