Royal Central School of Speech & Drama, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama is an internationally-renowned drama institution that specialises in the training of performance makers and theatre practitioners. Attracting students from around the world, auditions and interviews take place in six different countries across the globe. The diverse range of students from different cultures and backgrounds provides a rich learning community, where students learn from one another as well as from those teaching them.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
260 international students in 2017–18
- An International Pre-Course offers non-UK students help with the transition to university life at Central. The focus is to prepare students for undergraduate or postgraduate study before embarking on their course.
- While the Pre-course is not primarily about learning English, it helps students develop confidence in talking about theatre and performance if English is their second or other language. Students gain familiarity with subject-specific language and terminology across courses and strands. They will also be able to experience communicating with peers and staff at Central.
- Students also receive information sessions on accommodation, finance and other practical aspects of living and studying in London.
English Language Requirements
- Students require a good command of the English Language in order to study at Central.
- Standard academic IELTS requirements are for a minimum overall score of 7.0, and no lower than 6.0 in any individual section of the test.
- Please refer to the school's website for details.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Central offers a range of scholarships and bursaries, many of which are open for international students.
- Applicants are invited to apply for scholarships if they are holding an offer for one of Central's courses
- Please refer to Central's website for full details.