Royal College of Music
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The Royal College of Music (RCM) is home to a truly international community from more than 60 countries: around half of its students are from outside the UK, and its professors also bring international experience and expertise. International students can enjoy a top-quality experience in a friendly and diverse music-making community, supported by Registry and Student Services staff.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
370 international students in 2016–17
- RCM's Registry and Student Services staff provide advice and support for international students across a range of practical subjects including visas and immigration, opening bank accounts, accommodation, financial advice or on how to make the most of their time at the RCM and in the UK.
English Language Requirements
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate that their level of English language ability meets the Royal College of Music's minimum requirements in order for their application to be accepted.
- If students require a visa to study at the RCM, UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) will also need to see proof of their English language abilities when students make their visa application.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.