Royal College of Music
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The Royal College of Music designs master's programmes to prepare musicians for their future career, with vocational training, professional opportunities and research at the highest level. Distinguished tutors and masterclasses are complemented by the chance to experience the world of professional music with London-based orchestras. A wide range of course options include performance, teaching skills, music administration, composition and arrangement, and the psychology of performance.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
418 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 91%
- Part Time 9%
- UK 45%
- EU 21%
- Other 34%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Any student who auditions in person for a place on one of the RCM's taught postgraduate courses in Performance or Composition will automatically be considered for a scholarship or study award.
- Scholarships are offered purely on the merits of performance at audition, and may be for any amount up to full fees.
- Bursaries are available for the RCM's doctoral programme and application forms are sent to successful applicants.