Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- Our music students benefit from one-to-one tuition of 90 minutes per week, ensemble classes and rehearsals combined with contact with visiting international artists, alumni and a myriad of professional companies.
- Our teaching staff are internationally-renowned and experts in their field. Students will benefit from learning and working alongside teaching staff and participate in a busy schedule of masterclasses with visiting artists and guest lecturers.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- For students with a first language other than English, we require between 6.0 and 7.5 in IELTS, with no component score lower than 5.5.
- We also accept TOEFL scores of between 60 and 109 depending on the course you are applying to.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- All our scholarships are awarded on a merit basis and all applicants will be considered for them during audition.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- Pre-entry email contact with the International and Student Experience team.
- Invite to join the RCS Freshers Facebook page.
- Freshers' Friend (i.e. buddy scheme) offered to all new students. Contact is made by email prior to arrival and in person during Welcome and Transitions Week.
- Airport meet and greet service for students from outside the EU.
- Welcome and Transitions week activities (like Freshers Week at universities) which includes a specific session for international students covering health, accommodation, immigration and employment issues.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation in Liberty House is offered on a first-come-first-served basis to all new students. However, information and advice on other student accommodation and private rentals is offered as required.
- The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland works with Liberty Living to provide students with accommodation where required. Full details on this can be found on the website. All the accommodation is self-catering with excellent shared or private cooking facilities depending on the type of room you choose.
- High speed internet access is provided at no additional cost.
- Students of all nationalities are spread evenly throughout the residences, so neighbours can be from any country of the world.
- Accommodation is between 10 and 15 minutes walk from the conservatoire.
- Students have the option of a 40 or 51 week contract. More details on this can be found on our website.
- Prices start from £118 per week depending on the type of room selected and the contract type.
- Full details of costs can be found on our website.
Organisations for International Students
- We have a highly active Students' Union with two welfare officers who can assist with queries from international students.