Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
This institution did not take part in the TEF. Participation is voluntary. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
405 international students in 2016–17
- Pre-entry email contact with the International and Student Experience team, along with an invite to join the RCS Freshers' Facebook page.
- Freshers' Friend (i.e. buddy scheme) is offered to all new students; contact is made by email prior to arrival and in person during Welcome and Transitions Week.
- Airport meet and greet service for students from outside the EU.
- Welcome and Transitions week activities are like Freshers' Week at universities; there is a specific session for international students covering health, accommodation, immigration and employment issues.
English Language Requirements
- For students with a first language other than English, the conservatoire requires between IELTS 6.0–7.5, with no component score lower than 5.5, or TOEFL scores between 60 and 109. Requirements vary according to the course of study, please refer to the conservatoire for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland works with Liberty Living to provide students with accommodation where required. Accommodation is self-catering with excellent shared or private cooking facilities depending on the type of room chosen. Accommodation in Liberty House is offered on a first-come-first-served basis to all new students. However, information and advice on other student accommodation and private rentals is offered as required.
- Students of all nationalities are spread evenly throughout the residences, so neighbours can be from any country of the world.
- Accommodation is between ten and 15 minutes walk from the conservatoire.
- Students have the option of a 40 or 51 week contract, and the cost includes high speed Internet.
- Please refer to the conservatoire website for details.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.