Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland is one of the world's most multi-disciplinary conservatoires, with specialised and intensive teaching in dance, drama, music, production and screen; encouraging trans-disciplinary learning across its innovative curriculum. The conservatoire is proud to partner all of the national artistic companies. Along with expert teaching, students have the opportunity to work with and learn from professional partners and international visiting artists.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
This institution did not take part in the TEF. Participation is voluntary. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
505 international students in 2017–18
- International students have pre-entry email contact with the International and Student Experience team, along with an invite to join the RCS Freshers' Facebook page.
- Freshers' Friend is a buddy scheme offered to all new students; contact is made by email prior to arrival and in person during Welcome and Transitions Week.
- An airport meet and greet service is available for students arriving from outside the EU.
- Welcome and Transitions Week is similar to Freshers' Week at universities; a specific session for international students covers health, accommodation, immigration and employment issues.
English Language Requirements
- For students whose first language is not English, the conservatoire requires between IELTS 6.0–7.5 with no component scoring below 5.5, or TOEFL scores from 60–109.
- Requirements vary according to the course of study, please refer to the conservatoire for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland works with Liberty Living to provide students with accommodation, offered on a first-come-first-served basis to all new students. Information and advice on other student accommodation and private rentals is offered as required.
- Students of all nationalities are spread evenly throughout the residences, so neighbours can be from any country of the world.
- Accommodation is self-catered, with shared or private cooking facilities available, and is within 10–15 minutes' walk of the conservatoire.
- Students have the option of a 40- or 51-week contract, and the cost includes high-speed Internet.
- Please refer to the conservatoire website for details.