Royal Holloway, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Royal Holloway has an international outlook, with almost a third of students from outside the UK. International students can access specific support with academic work through its Centre for the Development of Academic Skills, along with guidance and advice on issues such as working while studying, bank accounts and welfare.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
3,840 international students in 2016–17
- The university is just seven miles from Heathrow Airport and offers a meet and greet service on arrival.
- An orientation programme ensures students settle in to life at Royal Holloway, and a Global Café provides the opportunity to meet other students.
English Language Requirements
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- All first years, including international students, are guaranteed accommodation if they firmly accept an offer and apply for accommodation by the relevant deadline.
- There is some family accommodation available.
- Please refer to the university website for full details on the range of accommodation available.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.