Royal Holloway, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Royal Holloway is one of the most international universities in the UK, with students from more than 130 countries. International students can access specific support with academic work through its Centre for the Development of Academic Skills, along with guidance and advice on issues such as visas, working while studying, bank accounts, accessing healthcare and welfare.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
3,790 international students in 2017–18
- The university is just seven miles from Heathrow Airport and offers a meet and greet service on arrival.
- An orientation programme with a range of events and activities ensures students settle in to life at Royal Holloway. There is also a Global Café, which provides the opportunity to meet other students.
English Language Requirements
- Please refer to the university website for details of the English language requirements.
- The university offers pre-sessional English language programmes and an International Foundation Year for students who need to improve their English language before starting their studies.
Accommodation for International Students
- All first years, including international students, are guaranteed accommodation if they firmly accept an offer and apply for accommodation by the relevant deadline.
- The university also guarantees accommodation for international postgraduate students if they firmly accept an offer and apply for accommodation by the relevant deadline.
- There is some family accommodation available. Please refer to the university website for full details on the range of accommodation available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university has a range of scholarships for international students.
- Please refer to the university website for up-to-date details.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.