Royal Holloway, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- First year undergraduates who make Royal Holloway their firm choice and apply by the relevant deadline are guaranteed accommodation.
- There is a wide variety of accommodation mostly on the main campus, with some just one mile away; from sociable houses and modern flats to traditional bedrooms. The newest accommodation, George Eliot Hall, opened in 2017, providing modern townhouses with plenty of shared space for 600 students.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
|Catered||from £3,527 to £5,498 per year|
|Self-Catered||from £5,446 to £6,579 per year|
- Based on a beautiful 135-acre campus, students have all they need on the doorstep, including a health centre, outdoor sports facilities, a fully equipped fitness suite, chapel and prayer room – plus a great range of places to eat, coffee shops, bars, a busy Students' Union and multiple performance venues.
- The campus is a short walk away from Egham, a small town in Surrey with a good selection of shops, pubs and restaurants.
- If students prefer to live off campus, there are plenty of private accommodation options close by in Englefield Green, Egham or Virginia Water, or a few miles away in Staines or Windsor.
Culture and Nightlife
- The university hosts a range of performances on campus as well as regular themed nights and events at the Students' Union.
- As well as the museums, theatre and nightlife of London a train ride away, the local area has many attractions including the idyllic Virginia Water Lake, a popular way for students to get a breath of fresh air away from their studies. Other local attractions include the sweeping parkland and woods of Windsor Great Park. The town of Windsor has a good selection of restaurants and shops and the famous Windsor Castle.
- Staines-upon-Thames is the nearest big town to Royal Holloway and provides students with access to a range of restaurants, bars and shopping. Thorpe park, one of the UK's premier theme parks, is also nearby.
- The beautiful town of Richmond offers river walks, parks and gardens as well as theatres, galleries and a good selection of chain and independent shops. Neighbouring Twickenham is the home of England rugby.
- Egham is a 15-minute walk away and the university also runs a regular bus service to and from the train station.
- The towns of Windsor and Staines-upon-Thames are accessible by bus, train or bike, while London is just 40-minutes away by train.
- Heathrow Airport is seven miles from the college.