Royal Holloway, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- First year undergraduates who make Royal Holloway their firm choice and apply by the relevant deadline are guaranteed accommodation.
- There is a wide variety of accommodation mostly on the main campus, with some just one mile away; from sociable houses and modern flats to traditional bedrooms. The newest accommodation, George Eliot Hall, opened in 2017, providing modern townhouses with plenty of shared space for 600 students.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
|Catered||from £3,527 to £5,498 per year|
|Self-Catered||from £5,446 to £6,579 per year|
- Based on a beautiful 135-acre campus, students have all they need on the doorstep, including a health centre, outdoor sports facilities, a fully equipped fitness suite, chapel and prayer room – plus a great range of places to eat, coffee shops, bars, a busy Students' Union and multiple performance venues.
- The campus is a short walk away from Egham, a small town in Surrey with a good selection of shops, pubs and restaurants.
- If students prefer to live off campus, there are plenty of private accommodation options close by in Englefield Green, Egham or Virginia Water, or a few miles away in Staines or Windsor.
Nightlife and Culture
- The university hosts a range of performances and events on campus throughout the year. The Student's Union also runs headline events such as the Summer Ball, Freshers' Festival, and themed nights.
- As well as the museums, theatre and nightlife of London a train ride away, the local area has many attractions. Staines-upon-Thames is the nearest big town to Royal Holloway, with a range of restaurants, bars and shopping. Thorpe park, one of the UK's premier theme parks, is also nearby. Further afield, Windsor offers a good selection of restaurants, shops and the famous Windsor Castle. Leafy Richmond has river walks, parks and gardens as well as theatres and galleries, while neighbouring Twickenham is the home of England rugby.
- The idyllic Virginia Water Lake is a popular way for students to get a breath of fresh air away from their studies; alternatively, enjoy the sweeping parkland and woods of Windsor Great Park.
- Egham is a 15-minute walk away and the university also runs a regular bus service to and from the train station.
- The towns of Windsor and Staines-upon-Thames are accessible by bus, train or bike, while London is 40-minutes away by train.
- Heathrow Airport is only seven miles from the Egham campus.