Royal Holloway, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Royal Holloway is one of the UK's leading research-intensive universities. Its postgraduate students benefit from being part of an inspiring community of academics and students, working alongside world-leading experts to gain a truly global perspective. A research-led approach to study is complemented by high quality facilities in a beautiful setting, with access to the university's central London base. Royal Holloway's worldwide collaborations span government, industry and commerce.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,690 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 74%
- Part Time 26%
- UK 64%
- EU 7%
- Other 30%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||50||370||415|
|Librarianship & Information Management||15||130||145|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||30||50||80|
|Geography & Environmental Science||35||25||55|
|Communication & Media Studies||15||30||45|
|Classics & Ancient History||15||25||40|
|Physics & Astronomy||30||5||35|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- There are a number of scholarships available specifically for postgraduate students.
- Please refer to the university website for full details of our current scholarships.