Royal Northern College of Music
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The RNCM provides a booklet, Preparing to Start at the RNCM, which can be downloaded from the RNCM website.
- This contains useful advice about airport pick-ups, induction and registration, a checklist of documents students need to bring with them, and information about Manchester.
English Language Requirements
- Most applicants whose first language is not English will be required to submit an IELTS Academic certificate as evidence of their English language proficiency, which should be from a UKVI Approved Test Provider.
- Applicants who have received a qualification (equivalent to a UK Bachelor’s Degree) in a majority English speaking country may be exempt.
- Please refer to the RNCM website for details of specific minimum requirements for each course.
Accommodation for International Students
- Many postgraduate students at the RNCM choose to live in Sir Charles Groves Hall of Residence, located right next door to the College.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.