Royal Northern College of Music
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
260 international students in 2016–17
- The RNCM provides a booklet, Preparing to Start at the RNCM, which can be downloaded from the RNCM website.
- This contains useful advice about airport pick-ups, induction and registration, a checklist of documents students need to bring with them, and information about Manchester.
English Language Requirements
- Most applicants whose first language is not English will be required to submit an IELTS Academic certificate as evidence of their English language proficiency, which should be from a UKVI Approved Test Provider.
- Applicants who have received a qualification (equivalent to a UK bachelor's degree) in a majority English speaking country may be exempt.
- Please refer to the RNCM website for details of specific minimum requirements for each course.
Accommodation for International Students
- All first year undergraduate students who are offered a place at the RNCM and accept their place by the relevant deadline are offered a place in the Sir Charles Groves Hall of Residence.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.