Royal Northern College of Music
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- Many postgraduate students at the RNCM choose to live in Sir Charles Groves Hall of Residence, located right next door to the College. The convenient location of the Hall saves both time and money, enabling students to walk to the college in just a few minutes.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- A number of scholarships are offered to both UK and international applicants who demonstrate outstanding ability and potential at audition; these do not require a separate application.
- UK postgraduate and international applicants to the College may apply for a bursary towards the cost of fees and maintenance. These awards are strictly limited in number and are made on the basis of need. In return, students are expected to undertake directed activities for the benefit of the College.
- The RNCM may occasionally offer Postgraduate Research Studentships, which cover full tuition fees with the possibility of an additional maintenance grant. The Research Studentships are offered through a competitive process, for outstanding candidates accepting either a full-time or part-time place on the PhD programme.
- The RNCM offers the degrees of Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
- Degrees are validated and awarded by Manchester Metropolitan University for a collaborative programme of research, undertaken and supervised at RNCM.
- Please refer to the RNCM website for details.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
292 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 97%
- Part Time 3%
- UK 49%
- EU 13%
- Other 38%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Creative arts & design||20||190||210|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.