Royal Northern College of Music
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The Royal Northern College of Music (RNCM) Graduate School offers a superb environment in which to pursue advanced studies in performance (including conducting), composition, musicology, music psychology, and music education.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
327 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 96%
- Part Time 4%
- UK 55%
- EU 12%
- Other 34%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- A number of scholarships are offered to applicants who demonstrate outstanding ability and potential at audition; these do not require a separate application.
- A limited number of bursaries provide help towards the cost of fees and maintenance. These require an application and awards are made on the basis of need. In return, students are expected to undertake directed activities for the benefit of the college.
- The RNCM may occasionally offer Postgraduate Research Studentships, which cover full tuition fees with the possibility of an additional maintenance grant. The Research Studentships are offered through a competitive process, for outstanding candidates accepting either a full-time or part-time place on the PhD programme.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Many postgraduate students at the RNCM choose to live in Sir Charles Groves hall of residence, located right next door to the college. Postgraduate students will be offered the remaining places in the hall after offers have been made to undergraduate students.