- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Salford is a truly global institution, with over 3,000 international students and a total student body of 18,000, living and studying at its historic campus near the city of Manchester.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
2,130 international students in 2017–18
- A university-wide programme of events is delivered in September and January, and individual schools run events along with askUS (the University of Salford's student support service) and the Students' Union for other intakes throughout the year.
- A range of welcome and induction events are offered, helping students settle into the academic, social and cultural life of the university.
- All new students can book a free transfer by taxi from the airport to their accommodation, regardless of what time of year they arrive.
English Language Requirements
- International students must have at least IELTS 4.5 for the International Foundation Year and IELTS 6.0 for most undergraduate degrees.
- Postgraduate courses typically require at least IELTS 6.5.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- University accommodation is managed by the university's partner organisation, Campus Living Villages.
- There are two university accommodation sites: Peel Park Quarter and John Lester and Eddie Colman Courts. Both are within a walking distance of the university's Peel Park site, and a short bus-ride away from its MediaCityUK site.
- These include a mixture of self-catering single study bedrooms, two-bedroom flats and family accommodation, adaptive accommodation for students with disabilities and full en-suite flats. Wi-Fi and utilities (water, gas, electricity) are included in the rent.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a range of scholarships and bursaries for international students. Please refer to the university website for details.
- International students can access ongoing support on a range of issues via askUS, the university's student support service.