University of Salford
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- A university-wide programme of events is delivered in September and January, and individual schools run events along with Student Life and the Students' Union, for other intakes throughout the year. A range of welcome and induction events are offered, helping students settle into the academic, social and cultural life of the university.
- All new students can book a free transfer by taxi from the airport to their accommodation, regardless of what time of year they arrive. In September, the university runs a small meet and greet service in each terminal of the airport.
English Language Requirements
- International students must have at least IELTS 4.5 for the International Foundation Year and IELTS 6.0 for most undergraduate degrees.
- Postgraduate courses typically require at least IELTS 6.5.
- Please visit the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- University accommodation is managed by the university's partner organisation, Salford Student Village, with over 2,400 bedrooms within walking distance of the campus.
- These include a mixture of self-catering single study bedrooms, 2-bedroom flats and family accommodation, adaptive accommodation for students with disabilities and full en-suite flats. Wi-fi and utilities (water, gas, electricity) are included in the rent.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.