- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
The University of Salford is home to a diverse community of more than 3,000 postgraduate students, working with internationally-renowned academics and contributing to research projects that are recognised both nationally and across the world. The university offers a wide range of taught and research programmes, including MSc, MA, MPhil, PhD, MRes, MBA and LLM qualifications.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,303 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 51%
- Part Time 49%
- UK 79%
- EU 4%
- Other 17%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||80||330||410|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||95||100|
|Communication & Media Studies||15||70||85|
|Accounting & Finance||0||75||75|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||70||70|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||15||55||65|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||5||30||35|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||25||0||25|
|Art & Design||0||15||15|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||10||10|
|Physics & Astronomy||5||0||5|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||5||5|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- On-site accommodation is available for postgraduate students; this can be secured online via the university's accommodation partner, Campus Living Villages. Private student accommodation is also available through Manchester Student Homes, a free, university-run housing service for students.