University of Salford
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- On-site accommodation is available for postgraduate home/EU and international students; this can be secured online via the university's accommodation website.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The Vice Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship is available to master’s students who have 2:1 honours degree or equivalent and is awarded to UK/EU students in the form of a tuition fee discount on all master’s courses, with an increased discount to students studying the Salford MBA.
- International students can also receive the Vice Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship which is awarded as a tuition fee discount, with an increased discount for The Salford MBA, MSc Petroleum and Gas Engineering, and MSc Gas Engineering and Management.
- Graduates from the University of Salford who return for postgraduate study can receive a 25% discount on course fees.
- International students with a 2:2 honours degree or equivalent who join a master’s course in the area of science or technology will be given a £1,000 bursary. All taught master’s courses from the following schools are eligible: the Built Environment; Environment and Life Sciences; and Computing, Science and Engineering.
- International students coming from countries denoted by the World Bank as having a low or lower-middle economy, will be eligible for a £1,000 discount on course fees.
- Please visit the university website for details.
- Most subject areas are available at postgraduate level.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,791 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 56%
- Part Time 44%
- UK 64%
- EU 6%
- Other 30%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||110||870||980|
|Business & administrative studies||95||650||745|
|Engineering & technology||105||415||520|
|Architecture, building & planning||160||245||405|
|Creative arts & design||20||115||135|
|Mass communications & documentation||15||80||95|
|Historical & philosophical studies||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.