- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Sheffield Hallam University is modern university with a long and proud history, and a commitment to transforming lives. The university prepares its students for the future, and creates knowledge that provides practical solutions to real world challenges.
UCAS Code: S21
League Table Scores
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the university.Read more
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the university.Read more
A measure of the proportion of staff involved in high-quality research in the university.Read more
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the university.Read more
The average staffing levels at the university.Read more
Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the university spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more
A guide to how much the university spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the university.Read more
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 79%
- Postgraduate 21%
Mode of study
- Full Time 82%
- Part Time 18%
Where students come from
- UK 91%
- EU 1%
- Other 7%
- Male 46%
- Female 54%
Type of Qualification:
Student Services and Facilities
- The libraries are at the heart of university life, open 24 hours a day, all year round, offering study spaces, library information and support.
- Students can access library resources, use the latest technology, and get expert support and guidance.
- The Careers and Employment Service helps students to find work during term time; as a thriving city, Sheffield offers many opportunities for part-time work.
- The university helps students and recent graduates make well-informed decisions about their future, whether it's to start their career, go onto further study or take time out.
- The Careers and Employability Centre also helps students build the skills they need to successfully find and apply for jobs.
- A dedicated practice team consists of 12 doctors, eight nurses, a health care assistant, attached healthcare professionals, administrative staff and receptionists. Together, they provide a full range of general medical services.
- Please refer to the university website for details of counselling services.
- Please refer to the university website for details of disability services.
- The award-winning Hallam Union provides a wide range of activities, allowing students to make the most their time at university and equipping them with skills and experience to enhance their degree and CV ready for graduation.
- There are more than 80 different societies, from film to belly dance, and more than 40 sports clubs; and over 700 students are involved in Hallam Union volunteering projects, many of which support the city's communities.
- The Advice Centre provides free, independent, non-judgemental information and advice on any issues that students may encounter.
- Sheffield Hallam University can trace its history back to two colleges based in Sheffield in the 19th century.
- These colleges later merged with Sheffield Training College and Sheffield Technology College, to create Sheffield Polytechnic, which then became Sheffield Hallam University in 1992.
- Since then, the university has grown to become one of the largest modern universities in the UK.
- Sheffield Hallam University is pioneering fingerprint technology to help crime fighters of the future. New technology allows the identification of not just fingerprints, but materials from the surface of the skin and secretions from glands to give evidence of substances ingested by suspects.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Nick Park CBE – animator, creator of Wallace and Gromit.
- David Strettle – England rugby international.
- Leon Taylor – Olympic silver medallist diver.
- Jacqui Oatley – sports broadcaster for BBC Sport.
Sheffield Hallam University, City Campus, Howard Street, Sheffield , S1 1WB