Sheffield Hallam University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- 4.01 / 5.00
- 2.76 / 4.00
- 0.16 / 1.00
- 68.5 / 100.0
- 73.5 / 100.0
- 86.2 / 100.0
Sheffield Hallam is modern university with a long and proud history, and a commitment to transforming lives. The university prepares its students for the future, and creates knowledge that provides practical solutions to real world challenges.
- Entry requirements vary depending on the course.
- UCAS tariff points system used for undergraduate entry.
- The university accepts a range of qualifications, skills and enrichment activities, including work experience, life skills and non-traditional qualifications.
Type of Qualification:
- The university offers a range of distance learning and part-time courses as well as well as traditional full-time courses.
- Sheffield Hallam is a pioneer in the development of work-based learning, and many full-time undergraduate degrees include an optional paid placement year.
- Flexible patterns of study are supported; students can swap to part-time study mid-course.
Student Services and Facilities
- The university's 2 learning centres, located on both campuses, combine traditional academic library resources, electronic information resources, IT facilities and integrated learner support, open 24/7 during semesters.
- 4,500 PCs are available for students, along with a loan laptop scheme.
- Support services include counselling, a nursery, educational advisers, multi-faith chaplaincy, drop in study-practice service and a financial support team.
- Business start-up services support budding entrepreneurs who are current students or recent graduates.
- Please refer to the university website for details of disability services.
- The award-winning Hallam Union provides a wide range of activities, allowing students to make the most their time at university and equipping them with skills and experience to enhance their degree and CV ready for graduation.
- There are more than 80 different societies, from film to belly dance, and more than 40 sports clubs; and over 700 students are involved in Hallam Union volunteering projects, many of which support the city's communities.
- The Advice Centre provides free, independent, non-judgemental information and advice on any issues that students may encounter.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- The Careers and Employment Service helps students to find work during term time; as a thriving city, Sheffield offers many opportunities for part-time work.
- A dedicated Careers and Employability Centre at the university's City campus provides support and advice for students and recent alumni.
31,483 students in 2015–16:
Level of study
- Undergraduate 78%
- Postgraduate 22%
Mode of study
- Full Time 80%
- Part Time 20%
Where students come from
- UK 90%
- EU 1%
- Other 9%
- Male 45%
- Female 55%
- Sheffield Hallam University can trace its history back to 2 colleges based in Sheffield in the 19th century.
- These colleges later merged with Sheffield Training College and Sheffield Technology College, to create Sheffield Polytechnic, which then became Sheffield Hallam University in 1992.
- Since then, the university has grown to become one of the largest modern universities in the UK.
- Nick Park CBE – animator, creator of Wallace and Gromit.
- David Strettle – England rugby international.
- Leon Taylor – Olympic silver medallist diver.
- Jacqui Oatley – sports broadcaster for BBC Sport.
|Address||Sheffield Hallam University City Campus Howard Street Sheffield S1 1WB|