Sheffield Hallam University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The university offers advice and information to help students plan their journey and prepare for studying at Sheffield Hallam.
- On arrival, the university offers an airport pick-up service from Manchester Airport; a dedicated Meet and Greet desk for international and exchange students; and an informative orientation programme.
- Advisers provide help on a range of issues affecting study and welfare, along with guidance on course, assessment and financial issues.
- Workshops run each semester to help students adjust to UK study methods and teaching styles.
- The university also works closely with Hallam Union and other groups to provide activities and social events throughout the year.
English Language Requirements
- English Language entry requirements vary depending on the course; please refer to the university website or the entry requirements section of the online prospectus.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.