- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Sheffield Hallam University has offices and education agents around the world who can support students through the application and visa processes. The university offers scholarships and awards to EU and international students who can demonstrate strong academic or personal achievement; information on funding and tuition fees can be found on the university's website.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
2,500 international students in 2016–17
- The university offers advice and information to help students plan their journey and prepare for studying at Sheffield Hallam.
- On arrival, the university offers an airport pick-up service from Manchester Airport; a dedicated Meet and Greet desk for international and exchange students; and an informative orientation programme.
- Advisers provide help on a range of issues affecting study and welfare, along with guidance on course, assessment and financial issues.
- Workshops run each semester to help students adjust to UK study methods and teaching styles.
- The university also works closely with Hallam Union and other groups to provide activities and social events throughout the year.
English Language Requirements
- English Language entry requirements vary depending on the course; please refer to the university website or the entry requirements section of the online prospectus.
Accommodation for International Students
- A dedicated specialist team supports international students throughout their time at Sheffield Hallam.
- The university strongly encourages students to apply online for accommodation in advance of their arrival. Students who don’t apply online are advised to book themselves into a local hotel for their first night's accommodation and then visit the accommodation services office where staff will be able to offer advice and assist students to find suitable accommodation.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.