- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- The university guarantees to offer all first year students accommodation and also offers free advice, support and guidance on finding accommodation (including private sector accommodation.)
- Hallam has a wide variety of accommodation to suit all budgets and tastes, ranging from small and friendly to large and sociable. It also holds a database of private sector accommodation and runs house-hunting weeks every September.
- All accommodation is located in popular student areas near their campuses. Most are less than 10 minutes' walk away from campuses, and never more than 30 minutes.
- Sheffield Hallam is based the heart of Sheffield across two campuses. City campus is in the middle of the of Sheffield city centre, just minutes from the bus and train stations. Collegiate campus is in the Ecclesall Road student district which mixes shops and bars with stunning parks.
- Sheffield is the UK's fifth largest city, but 60% is made up of green spaces like parks, public gardens and countryside. In a 20-minute bus ride you can be in the middle of the Peak District, one of the most beautiful national parks in the country. Perfect for walking, cycling, climbing, or settling down in a cosy country pub.
- Sheffield is ranked amongst the top 10 most affordable UK university cities (NatWest Student Living Index 2018). With over 60,000 students it is a true student city; everything is geared towards students. It has everything from independent shops to student bars.
Nightlife and Culture
- The nightlife in Sheffield is lively. The city centre has plenty of bars, pubs and clubs for all tastes and features a range of venues for concerts and gigs. The Motorpoint Arena, 02 Sheffield and City Hall are the main concert venues, with The Leadmill, West Street Live and Picture House Social as some of the popular independent venues.
- Excellent museums and art galleries can be found in the cultural industries quarter, situated next to Hallam Union, while the Crucible, Lyceum and Studio theatre can all be found in the same square.
- Sheffield has over 30 cinema screens, including those found at the independent cinemas, Showroom and Curzon.
- The city itself is served by excellent bus services that are cheap and reliable – and the famous Supertram.
- Cycling is always fun in hilly Sheffield, but there are lots of cycle routes and the journey from student accommodation to the campuses is easy.
- Coaches from Sheffield Interchange or Meadowhall serve many UK destinations.
- London is just over 160 miles away but train services take as little as 2 hours 15 minutes.
- There are many airports nearby including Manchester, East Midlands and Robin Hood Airport.