- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- The university guarantees to offer all first year students accommodation in allocated residences and also offers free advice, support and guidance on finding accommodation (including private sector accommodation).
- Catered/self-catering rooms are available over a contract of 39 to 44 weeks; all halls of residence are located within or very close to the city centre and both campuses.
- The university holds a database of private sector accommodation and runs house-hunting weeks every September.
- City Population: 553,000
- Student Population: 48,000
- Sheffield has undergone significant regeneration in the last decade and is a very friendly and popular city.
- Rents and the cost of living are reasonable, and it is one of the safest big cities for students.
Culture and Nightlife
- The Motorpoint Arena and Sheffield City Hall are the two main concert venues, hosting a number of headline acts every year. The Leadmill, Octagon Centre and Academy are known for smaller acts.
- Excellent museums and art galleries can be found in the cultural industries quarter, situated next to Hallam Union, while the Crucible, Lyceum and Studio theatre can all be found in the same square.
- Sheffield has over 30 cinema screens, including those found at the independent Showroom Cinema.
- The Supertram serves both universities and the city centre.
- Buses are cheap and reliable, and coaches from Sheffield Interchange or Meadowhall serve many UK destinations.
- Cycling is challenging as the city is famed for its hills but it is possible, and number of cycle routes exist.
- London is just over 160 away but train services take as little as two hours 15 minutes.
- There are many airports nearby including Manchester, East Midlands and Robin Hood Airport.