- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Sheffield Hallam University offers a diverse range of postgraduate courses with an industry focus and different ways of learning. Students can specialise in their chosen field or change career; increase their earning potential; and fit studies around their life – while the university offers support with funding, library and childcare facilities. Sheffield Hallam is one of the largest providers of PGCE teacher training in the UK with over 600 partner schools, colleges and educational establishments.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
6,409 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 48%
- Part Time 52%
- UK 80%
- EU 3%
- Other 17%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||105||490||600|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||15||290||300|
|Accounting & Finance||5||145||150|
|Art & Design||20||115||135|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||100||110|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||5||100||105|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||5||70||70|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||60||65|
|Land & Property Management||0||55||55|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||45||55|
|Aural & Oral Sciences||5||35||40|
|Agriculture & Forestry||5||30||35|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||20||20|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||5||5||10|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||5||10|
|Anatomy & Physiology||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Sheffield Hallam offers a range of scholarships for UK, EU and international students.
- If students have completed a degree with Sheffield Hallam previously, they could qualify for an Alumni scholarship, of £1,000 towards a postgraduate taught course or a 10% scholarship towards a postgraduate research course.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university guarantees accommodation and will offer students one of their preferred choices if their application is received before the deadline specified on the university website.
- Sheffield is one of the most affordable UK university cities and its student accommodation among the cheapest in the UK. There's a wide variety of options for all budgets. All university allocated accommodation is in popular student areas near both campuses, never more than a 30-minute walk from lectures – and in most cases less than 10.
- The university provides help to find private sector accommodation to suit students' needs, whether it is a flat in the city centre or a shared house.