- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Sheffield Hallam University offers 200 postgraduate courses across 34 subjects; fees vary depending upon the course.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
6,365 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 49%
- Part Time 51%
- UK 76%
- EU 3%
- Other 21%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||85||585||670|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||15||365||375|
|Accounting & Finance||5||175||180|
|Art & Design||20||105||125|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||5||70||75|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||60||70|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||5||65||70|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||10||55||65|
|Aural & Oral Sciences||5||60||65|
|Land & Property Management||0||60||60|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||45||50|
|Agriculture & Forestry||5||30||35|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||25||25|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||5||5||10|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||5||10|
|Anatomy & Physiology||5||5||5|
|Physics & Astronomy||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- If students studied at the university previously and graduated in the last three academic years, they will receive a progression scholarship of 25%.
- If students studied with the university previously and graduated over three academic years ago, they will be eligible for a progression scholarship of 10%.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate students can choose to stay in one of the university's halls of residence. Where possible, the university will allocate them a flat with other postgraduate and mature students.
- Students may prefer to live in a self-contained flat, or in a private sector house with a partner or family. Should students choose to live in private sector accommodation, they should still apply online.
- The Accommodation Service offers a free service to addresses the specific requirements of students, ensuring they find the most suitable accommodation.