The University of Sheffield
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- A world top 100 University.
- Sheffield is in the top 10% of all UK Universities according to the Research Excellence Framework 2014.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- IELTS: average of 6.0, with at least 5.5 in each component.
- TOEFL (IBT): 80, with at least 17 in listening, 17 in writing, 18 in reading, and 20 in speaking.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Sheffield offers scholarships and bursaries specifically for international students.
- Over £2 million awarded in scholarships for international students.
- For more information, please visit our website.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- A list of things to check before arrival can be found on our website.
- A meet and greet is a bookable scheme from Manchester Airport to welcome new international students when they arrive; our assistants will meet you at the airport and accompany you on our coaches back to Sheffield.
- Our orientation programmes take place at the start of each academic semester, and include events and activities to help you find your way around Sheffield, meet other new students and adjust to life at university.
Accommodation for International Students
- University accommodation is an affordable option and you are guaranteed a safe, friendly place to live which offers good value for money.
- Both self-catered and catered accommodation is available, all with internet access.
- International students are spread evenly throughout the accommodation, rather than clustered together.
- University accommodation is 5–20 minutes from the university.
- Students may stay in their accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
Organisations for International Students
- The International Students’ Committee (ISC) works with a full-time sabbatical International Students’ Officer in Sheffield Students’ Union.
- The University of Sheffield has an overseas campus.