The University of Sheffield
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- A list of things to check before arrival can be found on the university website.
- Students arriving into Manchester Airport during the main arrivals period in September, may be able to use the university's Meet and Greet airport collection service. Please refer to the university website for details.
- An orientation programme takes place at the start of each academic semester, and includes events and activities to help students find their way around Sheffield, meet other new students and adjust to life at university.
English Language Requirements
- Undergraduate applicants are required to achieve a minimum of IELTS 6 or equivalent.
- Postgraduate applicants are required to achieve a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
- Some academic departments may require a higher score.
- TOEFL (IBT): 80, with at least 17 in listening, 17 in writing, 18 in reading, and 20 in speaking.
Accommodation for International Students
- University accommodation is an affordable option and students are guaranteed a safe, friendly place to live which offers good value for money.
- Both self-catered and catered accommodation is available, all with Internet access.
- International students are spread evenly throughout the accommodation, rather than clustered together.
- University accommodation is 5–20 minutes from the university.
- Students may stay in their accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.