- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Almost all students are guaranteed a room throughout their studies.
- Over 5,500 university-owned rooms, including en-suite, provide catered or self-catered accommodation within walking distance of lectures.
- Rent includes utility bills, room contents insurance and free Wi-Fi.
- Private housing is reasonably priced and also available close to lectures.
|Catered||from £5,988 to £7,058 per year|
|Self-Catered||from £4,292 to £8,393 per year|
- City Population: 553,000
- Student Population: 48,000
- The rejuvenation of the city has put Sheffield back on the map, with the multimillion-pound remodelling of the city centre a major contributory factor.
- Known for its friendliness, Sheffield has long been a popular city with students – a high proportion of whom choose to stay, or return and settle here.
- Students live throughout the city, rather than in isolated enclaves, demonstrating just how easy it is to get around. Rents and the cost of living are generally reasonable.
Culture and Nightlife
- The Student's union hosts some of the most popular students nights in Sheffield, including Pop Tarts and The Tuesday Club. Sheffield has a reputation for a vibrant music scene and legendary clubs, including popular venues Code and Plug. The Motorpoint Arena and Sheffield City Hall are the two main concert venues, whilst the Leadmill and Octagon Centre put on regular gigs.
- The Millennium Galleries house major exhibitions from the V&A and the Tate. Kelham Island Museum provides an insight into Sheffield's steel and cutlery industries.
- Two main theatres, the Crucible and Lyceum, along with the smaller Studio theatre provide the largest theatre complex outside London's South Bank; Sheffield also has more than 30 cinema screens, including the independent Showroom Cinema.
- Activities include 3 climbing centres, an Olympic-size swimming pool, ice-skating and one of the biggest bouldering walls in the UK at The Climbing Works. One third of Sheffield is within the Peak District National Park, a draw for hill walking and rock climbing enthusiasts.
- Spectators can watch ice hockey (Sheffield Steelers) and basketball (Sheffield Sharks) at the Arena, or Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United football teams, or Rugby League.
- Cycling is only for the fit or the determined as Sheffield is built on 7 hills; nevertheless, it has an excellent network of designated cycle routes.
- The Supertram serves both universities, the city centre and a number of the main venues; buses are reliable with fares among the cheapest in the UK.
- London is just over 160 miles away with frequent train services taking about 2 hours 15 minutes.
- The nearest airports are Manchester, East Midlands and Robin Hood Airport.
- Coaches serve many UK destinations.