SOAS University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
SOAS University of London is an exceptionally cosmopolitan and diverse place to study, with a large number of international students. Degree combinations in a wide range of subjects provide many options for study in either single-subject or two-subject (combined) degrees. If language is not a core element of a degree, the Language Entitlement Programme provides the opportunity to include language learning as an extra activity entirely free of charge.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,740 international students in 2017–18
- SOAS runs a Welcome Week at the start of term to introduce students to their studies.
- A range of student services exist to help international students with issues relating to visas, funding, advice and well-being.
- SOAS produces webinars on subjects such as Living in London and Tier 4 Visa Applications.
English Language Requirements
- Current requirements are: IELTS: overall 6.5 or TOEFL iBT: 100.
- Further details are available on request from the International Foundation Courses and English Language Studies (IFCELS) department.
Accommodation for International Students
- SOAS students have exclusive access to two residences – Dinwiddy House and Paul Robeson House, located on Pentonville Road, a 20-minute walk from Russell Square. These are self-catering with shared kitchen facilities.
- SOAS students are also entitled to apply for a place in one of the seven intercollegiate residences owned and maintained by the University of London (approximately 190 places are allocated to SOAS students). This offers a valuable opportunity to mix with students from other colleges of the university. Intercollegiate halls provide catering, offering breakfast and evening meals on weekdays and meals at weekends.
- All accommodation has Internet access.
- International students are spread evenly throughout the accommodation, rather than clustered together.