SOAS University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- SOAS postgraduate students have exclusive access to Paul Robeson House on Pentonville Road, a 20-minute walk from Russell Square.
- Paul Robeson House is fitted out with 259 en-suite rooms.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- SOAS offers a wide-range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students.
- A number of scholarships are also provided by the University of London, the British government and other external organisations.
- The scholarships at SOAS are distributed through a competitive application process with respect to financial need and/or academic merit. The range of scholarships is diverse – some support students from specific countries or a group of countries, while others focus on particular courses of study or research.
- SOAS is research-intensive institution with more than 400 specialist academics who seek, through their research, to make a positive impact on societies and cultures in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- These same opportunities are extended to its postgraduate research community.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
2,851 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 60%
- Part Time 40%
- UK 44%
- EU 16%
- Other 39%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Historical & philosophical studies||100||235||335|
|Business & administrative studies||25||185||210|
|Mass communications & documentation||25||65||90|
|Creative arts & design||25||40||65|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.