SOAS University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- SOAS postgraduate students have exclusive access to Paul Robeson House on Pentonville Road, a 20-minute walk from Russell Square.
- Paul Robeson House is fitted out with 259 en-suite rooms.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- SOAS offers a wide-range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students.
- A number of scholarships are also provided by the University of London, the British government and other external organisations.
- The scholarships at SOAS are distributed through a competitive application process with respect to financial need and/or academic merit. The range of scholarships is diverse – some support students from specific countries or a group of countries, while others focus on particular courses of study or research.
- SOAS is research-intensive institution with more than 400 specialist academics who seek, through their research, to make a positive impact on societies and cultures in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- These same opportunities are extended to its postgraduate research community.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
2,851 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 60%
- Part Time 40%
- UK 44%
- EU 16%
- Other 39%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Historical & philosophical studies||100||235||335|
|Business & administrative studies||25||185||210|
|Mass communications & documentation||25||65||90|
|Creative arts & design||25||40||65|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.