SOAS University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
SOAS University of London offers specialist postgraduate programmes; open modules allow a choice of a wide range of subjects. Students gain an understanding of complex contemporary issues and knowledge of non-Western theories, developing careers that make a real difference in the world. A research-intensive institution, known for its distinctive regional focus and global relevance, areas of future research include sharing a small planet, and global diplomacy and governance.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,117 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 64%
- Part Time 36%
- UK 50%
- EU 14%
- Other 35%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||45||190||230|
|East & South Asian Studies||25||200||225|
|Middle Eastern & African Studies||30||150||185|
|Theology & Religious Studies||30||90||120|
|Business & Management Studies||10||95||110|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||90||100|
|Accounting & Finance||10||75||85|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||25||25|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||5||5|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- SOAS offers a diverse range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students.
- A number of scholarships are also provided by the University of London, the British government and other external organisations.
- The scholarships at SOAS are distributed through a competitive application process with respect to financial need and/or academic merit.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- SOAS postgraduate students have exclusive access to Paul Robeson House on Pentonville Road, a 20-minute walk from Russell Square.
- Paul Robeson House offers accommodation for 263 postgraduate SOAS students in en-suite rooms.