- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Solent University has a rich and supportive student community, and postgraduate courses developed in close consultation with industry, focused on developing students' professional knowledge. Many courses offer guest lectures, industry briefs, study trips, exchange opportunities and industry workshops. Solent alumni could be eligible for up to a 50% reduction of tuition fees if returning to study a postgraduate course.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
561 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 52%
- Part Time 48%
- UK 78%
- EU 14%
- Other 8%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||20||125||145|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||85||85|
|Art & Design||0||65||65|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||10||10|
|Accounting & Finance||0||5||5|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||5||0||5|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||0||5|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Alumni discount: based on academic merit, with up to 50% off tuition fees.
- International Academic Merit Scholarship: awarded to overseas, EEA and EU students studying a full-time course who exceed the entry criteria for the course. The award will be given automatically as a financial deduction from the course tuition fees (EU students are offered a cash credit).
- MBA Executive Scholarships: £1,000–2,000 tuition fee reduction for EU and UK students who meet the work experience criteria. These are applied automatically.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Accommodation in student residences is guaranteed for all applicants (including postgraduate, EU and international) entering their first year of study and applying for a standard room by the relevant deadline.