Campus and Crime Map
- For many, university study is an opportunity to experience the independence and freedom that comes from living in a hall of residence.
Your First Home in Taunton
- Living in on-site accommodation is a brilliant way of meeting new friends and gaining confidence and independence. For the majority of our students this will be their first time away from home and we will therefore make every effort to support students in their transition and make their experience as easy as possible.
- Part of the Student Union and a rep are located on-site to arrange a diverse selection of events.
- Situated on the edge of Taunton, just two and a half miles from Somerset College, Halls of Residence is a great place to live.
- Each flat consists of six or seven study bedrooms, sharing a well equipped kitchen/diner. Each bedroom is en-suite and furnished with a single bed, bedside table with lamp, wardrobe, desk, chair, curtains, bookcase and has broadband wireless facility for your laptop (PC or Mac).
What Halls can offer included in the price:
- Comfortable en-suite study rooms: 7 rooms per flat with shared kitchen area.
- Inclusive of bills: gas electric and water, personal possessions insurance and wi-fi.
- 24 hour support team including student wardens, staff and on-call maintenance.
- Bar and social areas to enjoy.
- Sports Hall and 24 hour launderette.
- For the summer: lots of outdoor space including a sports field and BBQ area for parties.
Halls of Residence Room Tariffs
Somerset College Room Tariff 2014–15:
- B Room £3860 (£96.50 per week).
- A Room £4340(£108.50 per week).
- A* Room £4840 (£121 per week).