Southampton Solent University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- First-class, industry-standard facilities including state-of-the-art media, maritime and sports facilities.
- A world-leading maritime portfolio and international recognition in the industry.
- Progression for HND holders equivalent on to Bachelor's top-up degrees.
- Industry-linked courses providing pathways to professional careers
- A modern and dynamic campus, located in a vibrant city centre.
- Graduate employability underpins all our courses. In addition to academic excellence, our real world learning approach to the curriculum embeds practical problem solving, skills training and work-related experience opportunities.
- We produce industry-ready graduates equipped to succeed in a fast-changing competitive world.
- We provide a diverse and inclusive learning environment to more than 11,000 students from the UK and overseas.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- Bachelor degree level.
- IELTS, minimum 6.0 (5.5 in each component).
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a number of scholarships to students from overseas who are applying for a full-time course.
- Please see the eligibility criteria on our website.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- You will receive a warm, friendly welcome from our Student Ambassadors when you arrive at Southampton Central railway station or the National Express coach station in Southampton.
- On arrival you will have the opportunity to meet fellow international students, find your way around campus and get to know the city. Freshers’ week includes a number of educational, cultural and social events.
- In addition our annual One World Fair celebrates the cultural diversity of the city of Southampton and provides a visual welcome to a new cohort of students.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university's six student residences are a short walk from the university and the city centre.
- We offer more than 2,300 rooms, including en-suite and non en-suite accommodation.
Organisations for International Students
- Students Union.
- Sports clubs.
- Students 1st Information Centre.