Southampton Solent University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- International students receive pre-arrival information by email a few months before their course starts. This includes information on what to prepare before coming to the UK, welcome and induction timetable with information about arrival, key dates, and an online course to help them prepare for life in the UK both academically and socially.
English Language Requirements
- Undergraduate students: IELTS minimum of 6.0 overall (5.5 in each component).
- Foundation degrees: minimum 5.5 overall (5.0 in each component).
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation for student residences is guaranteed for all first year applications made by the applicable deadline.
- The university's 6 student residences are a short walk from the university and the city centre and include over 2,300 rooms, with en-suite options available.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.