Southampton Solent University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The university's 6 student residences are a short walk from the university and the city centre, with over 2,300 rooms, including en-suite options.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Alumni discount based on academic merit, with up to 50% off tuition fees.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- Southampton Solent University offers a variety of taught and research postgraduate courses, spanning business and society; sport, health and wellbeing; maritime, technology and environment, and the creative and digital industries.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
403 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 43%
- Part Time 57%
- UK 71%
- EU 14%
- Other 15%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||15||140||160|
|Engineering & technology||5||60||60|
|Creative arts & design||10||5||15|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||5||10|
|Historical & philosophical studies||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.