Southampton Solent University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The university's 6 student residences are a short walk from the university and the city centre, with over 2,300 rooms, including en-suite options.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Alumni discount based on academic merit, with up to 50% off tuition fees.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- Southampton Solent University offers a variety of taught and research postgraduate courses, spanning business and society; sport, health and wellbeing; maritime, technology and environment, and the creative and digital industries.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
403 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 43%
- Part Time 57%
- UK 71%
- EU 14%
- Other 15%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||15||140||160|
|Engineering & technology||5||60||60|
|Creative arts & design||10||5||15|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||5||10|
|Historical & philosophical studies||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.