Southampton Solent University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Through a global network of industry contacts, first-class facilities and an innovative blend of specialised knowledge and real-world experience, Southampton Solent University gives you the tools you need to take your career further.
- Collaborative, practical learning.
- As part of a collaborative team of staff and postgraduate students, you’ll have the chance to contribute to the debate – our courses are led by academic experts and current practitioners with an excellent understanding of their subject area and strong connections with their industry, providing key practical insights and unique work experience opportunities.
- We work closely with employers and industry professionals to provide case studies and opportunities for real-world learning, and to tailor course content to the needs of the industry - ensuring our students have the very best chance in the job market.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
We offer taught master’s courses in MA, MSc, LLM and MBA subjects from various sectors and industries, and many of our master’s degrees are also available in part-time mode – allowing students to remain in work as they study.
- MSc Applied Acoustics
- MSc Applied Computing
- MSc Athletic Development and Peak Performance
- MA Creative Advertising
- MA Creative Direction for Fashion and Beauty
- MA Creative Enterprise
- MSc Criminology and Criminal Justice
- MA Fashion Merchandise Management
- MA Film Production
- MA Human Resource Management
- MSc International Accounting and Finance
- MSc International Business Management
- MSc International Maritime Business
- International Maritime Management (MBA)
- MSc International Shipping and Logistics
- LLM International Trade Regulation
- MSc Management
- MA Marketing Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MA Personnel and Development
- MSc Project Management
- MSc Shipping Operations (distance learning)
- MA Visual Communication
The 355 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 31%
- Part Time 69%
- UK 73%
- EU 11%
- Other 15%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||16||142||158|
|Engineering & technology||3||59||62|
|Creative arts & design||12||2||14|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||5||10|
|Historical & philosophical studies||1||0||1|
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Alumni discount based on academic merit – up to 50% of tuition fees.
- 5% discount for early payment of the full year’s tuition fees.
- Full eligibility and criteria can be found on our website.
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- The Student Hub has a team of student advisors who provide extensive impartial information and advice, support and guidance on every aspect of the student experience.
- We also have a range of specialist advice and support services covering disability, funding and money, accommodation, careers, study skills, enterprise and employability, counselling, health, faith issues and more.
- Our dedicated international team is always on hand to help overseas students with any issues, from visas to homesickness and we offer pre-sessional language courses to help build students’ confidence and language skills for life in the UK.