University of St Andrews
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- The university is investing in a new affordable housing development in St Andrews specifically for postgraduates and early career staff.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- St Andrews is committed to attracting the very best students, regardless of financial circumstances.
- Various bursaries and scholarships are designed to provide assistance to the best students from all around the world.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
2,710 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 88%
- Part Time 12%
- UK 36%
- EU 28%
- Other 37%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Historical & philosophical studies||220||325||550|
|Business & administrative studies||20||470||490|
|Subjects allied to medicine||45||0||45|
|Mass communications & documentation||15||10||25|
|Creative arts & design||5||10||10|
|Medicine & dentistry||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.