St George's, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- Students are sent pre-arrival information regarding arrival in the UK, airport transfers, and enrolment.
- On arrival, students are offered a range of orientation activities, including academic orientation, life in the UK (such registering with a doctor, setting up a bank account, and finding their way around London) and social activities organised by the International Students' Society.
- International students also take part in the Students' Union arranged Freshers' Week.
English Language Requirements
- GCSE/IGCSE English as a first language grade B.
- IELTS: 7.0 (including 7.0 in writing and 6.5 in each other section); or
- Pearson's test: 67 overall (including 67 in written and speaking element and no section less than 61).
Accommodation for International Students
- All accommodation is self-catered, with Internet/Wi-Fi access.
- Accommodation is about a 15-minute walk from the university.
- International students are spread throughout the halls, apart from international foundation students who are clustered together.
- Students may stay in their accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations, only moving out during the summer.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.