St George's, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- The UK’s only dedicated health sciences university.
- A shared location with St George’s Hospital, one of London’s largest and busiest hospitals.
- A small and friendly institution with around 3,000 students.
- Ranked among the top 200 universities worldwide (THE world rankings 2014–15).
- Located just 25 minutes from central London by tube.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- GCSE/IGCSE English as a first language grade B.
- IELTS 7.0, including 7.0 in writing and 6.5 in each other section.
- Pearson's test – 67 overall (including 67 in written and speaking element and no section less than 61.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- A variety of scholarships are available to international students on INTO St George's programmes.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- Students are sent pre-arrival information regarding arrival in the UK and airport transfers, and enrolment.
- On arrival, students are take part in a range of orientation activities, including academic orientation, life in the UK (such registering with a doctor, setting up a bank account, and finding your way around London) and social activities organised by the International Students’ Society.
- International students also take part in the Students’ Union arranged Freshers’ Week.
Accommodation for International Students
- All accommodation is self-catered, with internet/wi-fi access.
- International students are spread throughout the halls, apart from international foundation students who are clustered together.
- Accommodation is about a 15-minute walk from the university.
- Students may stay in their accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations, only moving out during the summer.
- Accommodation costs £152–162 per week (2015–16).
Organisations for International Students
- International student society; Islamic, Buddhist, Christian and Hindu societies.
- Our international students play a full part in our students’ union and take part in all our student societies.
No overseas campus, but our 4-year graduate medicine programme is also offered by the University of Nicosia in Cyprus.