St Mary's University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- 4.07 / 5.00
- 1.98 / 4.00
- 0.23 / 1.00
- 70.0 / 100.0
- 59.7 / 100.0
- 80.5 / 100.0
St Mary’s University, Twickenham is a modern, friendly university with around 6,000 students on a single London campus. More than 96% of our graduates are in full-time employment or postgraduate education within 6 months of completing their studies.
- Those studying A levels will be asked for CCC or BCC as a minimum entry requirement.
- St Mary’s has a proud reputation in training teachers.
- Both our Primary and Secondary Initial Education programmes were rated outstanding by Ofsted when last inspected in 2011.
- 88% student satisfaction rate in the National Student Survey 2015.
- Several degrees offer professional accreditations.
- Part-time study.
- Workplacement opportunities.
- Foundation degrees.
- Study Abroad programme.
- Postgraduate Distance Learning.
Student Services and Facilities
- Students have access to a state-of-the-art library, internet cafe, open access IT suites and a wide range of services to support studies.
- A new £6m library was opened in autumn 2015.
- State-of-the-art Media Arts Suite.
- State-of-the-art Strength and Conditioning Suite.
- Other facilities include dance and drama studios and extensive sport labs and facilities.
- New student services centre.
- The Disability and Dyslexia Team work closely with the other members of the Student Services team, providing support across many areas in private and confidential environment.
- For more information about disability services at St Mary’s, please contact our Disability and Dyslexia Co-ordinator: 020 8240 4000 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Students' Union is committed to providing social events, support and information and to be a voice for students.
- Located in its own building with a bar and a wide range of leisure facilities, including a multipurpose hall, containing its own performance stage.
- Bar screen playing a mix of Sky Sports, ESPN and music channels.
- Over 40 clubs and societies catering for just about every interest.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- Plenty of job opportunities in bars, shops and sport-related within the borough.
- Student Ambassador training scheme.
- Accredited work experience modules available as part of degree programmes.
- A dedicated careers service is available to students.
- The Careers Team will help students find part-time work during their studies and graduate level jobs.
5,534 students in 2015–16:
Level of study
- Undergraduate 74%
- Postgraduate 26%
Mode of study
- Full Time 75%
- Part Time 25%
Where students come from
- UK 93%
- EU 4%
- Other 3%
- Male 45%
- Female 55%
- St Mary’s is a successful, London-based university with strong international links founded on Catholic values, providing a warm and welcoming environment for all students.
- Founded in 1850, St Mary's University has a long and distinguished history within higher education and will be celebrating its 165th anniversary.
- It gained full university status in January 2014, with Francis Campbell taking on the role of Vice-Chancellor and His Eminence Cardinal Vincent Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster, appointed as Chancellor.
- Pete Postlethwaite, OBE – actor.
- Mo Farah, CBE – long-distance and middle-distance runner, current Olympic, World and European champion in the 5000 metres to 10,000 metres.
- Andrew Osagie – runner specialising in the 800 metres.
- Mohamed Sbihi – Olympic rower.
- Clara Amfo – Radio 1 presenter.
|Address||St Mary's University