St Mary's University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
St Mary's University has a welcoming and supportive community, with students from more than 90 different countries. The university is based within one of the safest boroughs in London, less than half an hour from Central London by train.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
340 international students in 2016–17
- The university provides support to international students to ensure they applied for their visa, found accommodation, arranged insurance and enrolled and paid tuition fees online.
- A free pick-up service operates from Heathrow Airport. A tailored series of emails are sent to students pre-flight, and all students receive a bedding pack.
- An International Orientation Week for overseas students ends with a day out in London. This is in addition to the Welcome Fortnight, which is offered to all students.
- As the university start date approaches, the university encourages students to join its closed social media accounts, enabling them to interact with fellow new starters ahead of their studies.
English Language Requirements
- Students may need to improve their English skills before starting their degree. The university offers pre-sessional English courses specially designed to help students meet the English language requirements for their chosen St Mary's degree and to prepare them for university study in the UK.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university guarantees accommodation for international students, provided they apply early. The university is unable to accommodate families, but is pleased to assist with external accommodation advice.
- Students should contact the St Mary's International Department for more information, please refer to the university website.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.