St Mary's University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
St Mary's University has a vibrant postgraduate community, with over 45 high-quality taught courses and research degree programmes to choose from. The successful, London-based university has strong international links founded on Catholic values and provides a warm and welcoming environment for all students.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
1,450 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 42%
- Part Time 58%
- UK 88%
- EU 9%
- Other 4%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Theology & Religious Studies||30||40||75|
|Business & Management Studies||5||35||40|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||20||25|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||10||10|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- PGCE bursaries are on offer to Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Geography and Languages students providing they meet the grade requirements; while trainee teachers of all subjects can receive a bursary, again dependent on meeting grade requirements.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Full-time postgraduate students are welcome to contact the university to express their interest in university accommodation; if this is not available the university may be able to assist them to find private accommodation.