- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
Staffordshire University aims to build links between students, academic partners, business and society. The City Campus is based in Stoke-on-Trent, with excellent facilities, good transport links and stimulating social spaces. The university has Centres of Excellence in Healthcare Education in Stafford and Royal Shrewsbury Hospital; and a planned Catalyst Building will become a flagship for apprentices and digital skills.
UCAS Code: S72
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 86%
- Postgraduate 14%
Mode of study
- Full Time 63%
- Part Time 37%
Where students come from
- UK 97%
- EU 1%
- Other 2%
- Male 51%
- Female 49%
Undergraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Student Services and Facilities
Libraries and Information Services
- The main library is open 24/7 and there are workshops, free mobile study apps, video conferencing, market research reports, and access to online training tools.
- As part of its digital transformation, Staffordshire University has launched a new digital app for mobile phones. It uses Chatbot technology to provide students with personalised and responsive information on timetables, enables contact with personal tutors, and provide answers to frequently asked questions covering campus facilities and support services.
- Unitemps is Staffordshire University's specialist on-campus recruitment service. Unitemps can source interesting and varied opportunities, on and off campus in local businesses. The team are committed to helping students find the right job to fit in around study as well as paid 12-month internship opportunities.
- Each year 250 students work in the Students' Union in roles ranging from food service to promotional activity, with access to training opportunities from food hygiene to leadership and management.
- Paid student ambassadors help at recruitment events, including open days.
- The Career and Personal Development team are available daily in the Student Hub (Stoke-on-Trent campus) to answer career-related queries.
- Career assessments are available to help students understand career preferences. There are also online career toolkits covering work experience, CVs, interviews, application forms, networking, social media empowerment, personal statements, portfolios and careers fairs.
- NHS medical services are available to students at the Stoke campus. Surgeries are held each weekday during term-time.
- There are doctors who provide full GP services at the Stoke campus but students will need to register with them.
Counselling and Mental Health Support
- A team of professionally trained and qualified counsellors are available to support students experiencing a wide variety of difficulties. All counsellors adhere to the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) ethical framework.
- It is possible to make an appointment by telephone, email or in person via the Student Hub which is open weekdays. Out of hours, students are signposted to other support services.
- AccessAbility Services support and assist anyone with a disability, including specific learning differences, mental health needs and with physical and unseen disabilities. They can advise on Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA), accessibility issues and a wide range of support and adjustments to meet individual needs. They also offer a diagnostic service for students who think they may have a specific learning difference.
- The Service is also home to the Staffordshire Regional Access Centre, who undertake DSA study needs assessments in Stoke, Stafford or Shrewsbury. AccessAbility Services works closely with Digital Services who provide a range of services, equipment and support for disabled students. Training for enabling technology is also available.
- Disabled Go Access Guide is an online guide giving details about access to Staffordshire University's buildings and venues.
Other services and facilities
- Other support services for students include financial support teams, an information service, equality and diversity teams, and support for work or study abroad.
- Staffordshire University Students' Union is passionate about giving every student a reason to feel 'Proud to Be Staffs' – providing a range of exciting opportunities, experiences and student groups – and a quality, safe nightlife.
- The SU provides flexible employment for students, with opportunities from Students' Union videographer to barista in the ethically-valued coffee shop, and support students into their ideal homes with Greenpad, the union-run letting agency.
- The team of Students' Union elected officers are supported by a range of networks, academic representatives and an SU Advice Centre to provide a supportive experience for all students.
Staffordshire University has over 100 years of education heritage, dating back to 1914.
- It became North Staffordshire Polytechnic in 1970 and was granted university status in 1992.
- Staffordshire University launched the country's first BA (Hons) Esports degree; building on the university's computer games' expertise, students learn how to host small and large-scale events for single player and multi-player teams, create online communities and promote their events digitally.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Nick McCabe – Verve guitarist.
- Alex Scott – professional footballer and former player for England women's football team.
- Andrew Triggs-Hodge – Olympic gold-medallist and World Champion rower.
- Clarice Cliff – ceramic artist.
- Kevin Godley – musician and music video director.
- Fatmir Besimi – deputy prime minister of the government of the Republic of Macedonia in charge of European affairs.
- Ian McMillan – poet.
- Jermaine Allen– former professional American footballer.
- Raimi Gbadamosi – conceptual artist and professor at the University of Pretoria, Johannesburg.
- Sadie Frost – actress, producer and fashion designer.
Staffordshire University, College Road, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 2DE