- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Staffordshire University welcomes students from all over the world. Based in the vibrant and cultural city of Stoke-on-Trent the friendly campus environment offers award-winning teaching, research excellence, modern accommodation and outstanding facilities. The central location is a great base from which to explore the UK and students are supported by the international team.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
510 international students in 2017–18
- The International Student Support team provides specialist immigration advice, welcome and orientation support to all international students.
- This includes pre-arrival information, meet and greets, welcome talks, orientation programmes and a range of fun cultural and social events and trips.
English Language Requirements
- GCSE: Grade C (a Grade 4 in the new system) or above in English Language.
- IELTS: 6.0 with 5.5 in all four bands. Please note, this is a guide: some courses may have a higher entry requirement due to the nature of the course content.
- Please refer to the university website to check specific course requirements.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students are guaranteed a room so long as they have accepted an unconditional offer, paid their tuition fee deposit and returned their accommodation application form by the designated date.
- The university's student accommodation is safe, secure and reasonably priced; the price includes Internet access. There are communal self-catering areas and good value restaurants and snack bars on campus.
- The on-campus accommodation is within walking distance of lectures.
- International students are clustered within the halls of residence, and students are not required to move out during Christmas or Easter vacations.
Quick Guides to International Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about fees and funding for international students.
- Get information about fees and funding for EU students.