- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The International Student Support team provides specialist immigration advice, welcome and orientation support to all international students.
- This includes pre-arrival information, meet & greets, welcome talks, orientation programmes and a range of fun cultural and social events and trips.
English Language Requirements
- GCSE: grade C in English Language.
- IELTS: 6.0 with 5.5 in all bands. Note, this is a guide: postgraduate Law, Journalism, and undergraduate Journalism ask for IELTS of 7.5 overall.
- Please refer to the university website to check specific course requirements.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students are guaranteed a room so long as they have accepted an unconditional offer, paid their tuition fee deposit and returned their accommodation application form by the designated date.
- The university's student accommodation is safe, secure and reasonably priced; the price includes internet access. There are communal self-catering areas and good value restaurants and snack bars on campus.
- The on-campus accommodation is within walking distance of lectures.
- International students are clustered within the Halls of Residence, and students are not required to move out during Christmas or Easter vacations.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.