- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
Modern, safe, friendly and supportive, Staffordshire University welcomes students from around the world. Here are just a few reasons why we believe you should study with us:
- Industry-leading teaching and vocational facilities – to give you the skills that employers want and need.
- Internationally recognised qualifications – with many of our courses accredited by professional bodies such as the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Bar Standards Board, CIM, CISCO, British Psychological Society, British Computer Society and the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
- A diverse and multicultural university environment – with over 1,700 international students from 75 countries on campus.
- Close links with national and international businesses and organisations – giving you access to some of the best business minds and ensuring our teaching is relevant and up-to-date.
- Lecturers with real world industry experience – they’re at the top of their profession and know how to help you achieve the results you need to succeed. For instance, journalism lecturer, Sarah Rowlands, has been voted Media Journalist of the year four times and has won four gold Sony Awards.
- A dedicated International Student Support Team – we’ve invested £4 million in first-class student services across the university.
- Safe, friendly campuses – our central location at the heart of the UK gives you the opportunity to make the most of your stay in the UK.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- GCSE: grade C in English Language.
- IELTS: 6.0 with 5.5 in all bands. Note, that this is a guide – PG Law, and Journalism, and UG Journalism ask for IELTS of 7.5 overall. Check the course requirements on our website.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
Our International Student Support team provides a whole range of specialist support services including:
- Travel advice
- Immigration and visa advice
- Your right to work in the UK
- Healthcare questions
- Intercultural mentoring
- Advice on life in the UK
- A one week International Welcome Programme designed to help you make a positive start to your life at Staffordshire University. The Welcome Programme includes campus tours, faculty inductions and provides information about working in the UK, English Language and British culture. There is a free welcome meal and weekend trips to nearby attractions.
- We offer a free Meet & Greet service for all new students arriving in the UK from London Heathrow International airport and Manchester International airport on specific dates.
Accommodation for International Students
- Our student accommodation is safe, secure and very reasonably priced.
- International students are guaranteed a room as long as they have accepted an unconditional offer, paid their tuition fee deposit and returned their accommodation application form by the designated date.
- The university provides communal areas where students can cook and eat. Alternatively, there are good value restaurants and snack bars on campus.
- All on-campus study bedrooms are equipped with access to the internet via the university's residential network ResNet. This service is included in the accommodation licence fee.
- International students are clustered within the Halls of Residence.
- The on-campus accommodation is within walking distance of lectures
- Students do not need to move out during the Christmas or Easter vacations.
Organisations for International Students
- International Student Support team and over 40 different clubs and societies organised by the Students’ Union.
- Staffordshire University has an excellent reputation for long established partnerships with international universities, colleges and other organisations. These partnerships provide the opportunity for students across the word to study for Staffordshire University awards.
- APIIT, India
- APIIT, Malaysia
- APIIT, Sri Lanka
- APU, Malaysia
- Brno International Business School, Czech Republic
- British University Vietnam, Vietnam
- Capital University of Economics and Business, Beijing
- Chengdu University of Technology, China
- City University, Hong Kong
- DISTED, Malaysia
- ESERP, Spain
- Ghana Technology University College, Ghana
- Global Institute of Software Technology, China
- Gulf College, Oman
- MBS College of Crete, Greece
- Riinvest College, Kosovo
- Rushmore Business School, Mauritius
- SMA, Austria
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
- Werbe Akademie, Austria