- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Staffordshire University has a range of postgraduate study from vocational postgraduate certificates (PgCert) and diplomas (PgDip), taught master's (with a dissertation) or research master's (where students pursue an independent research project), PhDs and, for would-be teachers, PGCEs. Its Step up to Master's courses help build the academic skills required at master's level.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,044 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 30%
- Part Time 70%
- UK 93%
- EU 1%
- Other 6%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||10||125||135|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||85||90|
|Art & Design||5||55||55|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||45||45|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||40||40|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||15||15||30|
|Accounting & Finance||0||20||20|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||5||10|
|Theology & Religious Studies||0||5||5|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||5||5|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Alumni discounts: a 15% discount off postgraduate taught course fees available to those who completed an undergraduate degree at Staffordshire University. Those previously completing postgraduate courses with the university also qualify for an alumni discount.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- There is no guarantee of accommodation for postgraduate students.
- The university recommends speaking to GreenPad, the lettings agency run by Staffordshire University Students' Union, to secure accommodation close to campus. GreenPad regularly inspects and vets local properties and landlords.