University of Stirling
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Stirling recognises that its students are global citizens in an increasingly connected world. The university is a truly international institution, its beautiful campus home to a dynamic community of staff and students from more than 120 countries.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
This institution did not take part in the TEF. Participation is voluntary. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,875 international students in 2017–18
- The Student Immigration team provide advice and information on applying for a visa and immigration status.
- Through Stirling Direct (a shared travel service) the university offers collection services from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Prestwick airports. Costs start from £18 per person from Edinburgh Airport; please refer to the university website for details.
- All international and study abroad students are invited to an informal welcome reception in their first week.
- The International Student Society (open to both international and British students) provides the opportunity to meet students from all over the world.
- The university's counselling and well-being service is open to all students to help them talk through any problems or issues.
English Language Requirements
The university welcomes applications from all countries and will consider them on an individual basis. Students need to demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency if English is not their first language.
- Postgraduate study: IELTS 6.5 (6.0 in all bands), although some disciplines require a higher level of English language competency.
- If students don't meet entry requirements the university offers academic preparation courses to help, in partnership with INTO.
Accommodation for International Students
- New international students are guaranteed an offer of university-managed accommodation on condition that they confirm their place and complete an online accommodation application by the relevant deadlines.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university awards student scholarships and bursaries every year; please refer to the university website for details.
- Stirling's friendly and welcoming Student Services Hub is the first point of contact for a wide range of enquiries, from finance advice and personal support, to academic issues or university life in general.
- The university offers in-sessional English Language courses to bridge the gap between general English and academic English needed to excel at university.