University of Stirling
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Stirling is an international university with a global reputation for high-quality teaching and research. It has a passion for breaking new ground and creating impact in everything it does. The university's master's courses are designed to develop forward-thinking graduates and help students from around the globe to redefine their potential in an inspiring and international academic setting.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,836 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 62%
- Part Time 38%
- UK 63%
- EU 8%
- Other 29%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Accounting & Finance||10||345||355|
|Business & Management Studies||20||270||290|
|Communication & Media Studies||20||215||235|
|Geography & Environmental Science||40||75||115|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||110||110|
|Agriculture & Forestry||40||65||100|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||5||85||85|
|Theology & Religious Studies||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university awards student scholarships and bursaries every year; please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Accommodation is available specifically for postgraduates, with family flats available.
- New postgraduate students who live more than 20 miles from the university are guaranteed an offer of university-managed accommodation, on condition that they confirm their place, pay their tuition fee deposit, and complete an online accommodation application, all by the relevant deadlines.