University of Stirling
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Accommodation is available specifically for postgraduates, with family flats available.
- Taught postgraduate students from outside the UK are guaranteed an offer of university accommodation on condition that students confirm their place by the relevant deadline.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university awards student scholarships and bursaries every year, please refer to the university website for details.
- Scholarships for international postgraduates, as well as those from England, Wales and Northern Ireland are available.
- The University of Stirling is a research-led institution with research across a distinctive subject mix of sciences, social sciences and humanities. Strengths include health and wellbeing, culture and society, environment and communities, enterprise and economy, and sport.
- Almost three quarters of research activity was rated either world-leading or internationally excellent by the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
- A range of postgraduate research degrees are offered, including PhD and professional doctorates with funded opportunities available on the university’s website. Students need to submit a research proposal appropriate for the degree and agreed with the proposed lead supervisor, dependent on the availability of suitable supervisory and resource arrangements.
- The general minimum admissions requirement is a 2:1 honours Bachelor degree or higher qualification; or a suitable masters for some studentships and programmes of study.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
3,253 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 60%
- Part Time 40%
- UK 59%
- EU 7%
- Other 33%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||40||760||800|
|Mass communications & documentation||20||170||190|
|Subjects allied to medicine||70||70||140|
|Historical & philosophical studies||80||30||110|
|Architecture, building & planning||5||90||90|
|Agriculture & related subjects||40||45||85|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.