University of Strathclyde
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Strathclyde has a thriving international community, with students coming to study from countries across the world. It's a leading technological university based in the heart of Glasgow city centre, one of the UK's leading cultural, historical, and scenic cities.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
This institution did not take part in the TEF. Participation is voluntary. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
3,585 international students in 2016–17
- The University of Strathclyde provides online pre-arrival information and an airport meet and greet service (for which students can register online).
- In Semester 1 a week of orientation activities is held. This includes orientation sessions, campus and city tours, bank account opening sessions, social activities and much more.
- In Semester 2 the university offers the airport meet and greet and a welcome fair for new international students.
English Language Requirements
- The university’s general entry requirements are IELTS 6.5, with no less than 5.5 in each component.
- Some courses may require a higher, or accept a lower result. Students are advised to check the requirements of the specific course of interest.
- Students with alternative English Language qualifications or who have lived and studied in a majority English-speaking country may not be required to take the IELTS test. Please contact the university for further guidance.
Accommodation for International Students
- New undergraduates are given high priority for accommodation as long as they apply (and have an unconditional academic offer) by the specified date in August, following UK exam results.
- All university accommodation is self-catered, with Wi-Fi in the communal areas; rental costs include heat and light.
- International students are dispersed throughout the accommodation. Single and mixed sex flats are available.
- Accommodation contracts run from September to June for undergraduate students and September to September for postgraduate students.
- Students do not have to move out during Christmas or Easter holidays.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.