- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Strathclyde has a thriving international community, with students coming to study from countries across the world. It's a leading technological university based in the heart of Glasgow city centre, one of the UK's leading cultural, historical, and scenic cities.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
This institution did not take part in the TEF. Participation is voluntary. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
3,010 international students in 2017–18
- The University of Strathclyde provides online pre-arrival information and an airport meet and greet service (for which students can register online).
- In Semester 1 a week of orientation activities is held. This includes orientation sessions, campus and city tours, bank account opening sessions, social activities and more.
- In Semester 2 the university offers the airport meet and greet and a welcome fair for new international students.
English Language Requirements
- The university’s general entry requirements are IELTS 6.5, with no less than 5.5 in each component.
- Some courses may require a higher, or accept a lower result. Students are advised to check the requirements of the specific course of interest.
- Students with alternative English Language qualifications or who have lived and studied in a majority English-speaking country may not be required to take the IELTS test. Please contact the university for further guidance.
Accommodation for International Students
- New students are given high priority for accommodation as long as they apply (and have an unconditional academic offer) by the date specified on the university website.
- All accommodation is for single students; there is no accommodation available for families. All university accommodation is self-catered and rent includes heating, lighting and Wi-Fi. Single and mixed sex flats are available. Alcohol-free flats are also an option.
- International students are dispersed throughout the accommodation.
- Accommodation contracts run from September to June for undergraduate students and September to the end of August for postgraduate students.
- Students do not have to move out during Christmas or Easter holidays.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the university website for details.