University of Strathclyde
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Priority is given to all first year students (undergraduate and postgraduate) who live 25 miles from the city centre and are eligible by a defined date in August following exam results.
- Accommodation comprises 2,000 self-catering rooms all with Wi-Fi. The Campus Village is within the university campus and is a few minutes' walk from the main academic buildings, library and popular city centre cafés, pubs, clubs and shops.
- There are also a wide variety of private student residences in and around the city centre and in the West End.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a wide range of scholarships and bursaries for both postgraduate and undergraduate study. Please refer to the university website for the online scholarship search facility.
- The Engineering Faculty has over 300 industry-sponsored scholarships, one of the largest portfolios of any Engineering Faculty in the UK. Scholarships are available in many areas of engineering and at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and are open to new and continuing students.
- There are several postgraduate research opportunities across the university.
- Please refer to the university website for further details.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
6,504 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 62%
- Part Time 38%
- UK 67%
- EU 9%
- Other 24%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||135||1320||1455|
|Engineering & technology||610||710||1325|
|Subjects allied to medicine||190||205||395|
|Architecture, building & planning||35||130||160|
|Historical & philosophical studies||25||10||35|
|Mass communications & documentation||10||15||25|
|Medicine & dentistry||20||5||20|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.