- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Strathclyde is based in the heart of Glasgow, Scotland's largest city, and is home to students from over 100 countries. It offers over 200 postgraduate programmes which include MSc, PgDip and PgCert accreditations.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
7,434 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 65%
- Part Time 35%
- UK 67%
- EU 9%
- Other 23%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||95||930||1025|
|Accounting & Finance||20||305||325|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||210||75||290|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||85||115||195|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||155||155|
|Physics & Astronomy||125||35||155|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||10||80||90|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||55||55|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||25||30|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||15||15|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||15||15|
|Aural & Oral Sciences||5||0||5|
|Anatomy & Physiology||5||0||5|
|Art & Design||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a wide range of scholarships and bursaries along with discretionary funds and an Emergency Aid Fund.
- The Engineering Faculty has over 300 industry-sponsored scholarships, one of the largest portfolios of any Engineering Faculty in the UK. Scholarships are available in many areas of engineering at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, for both new and continuing students.
- The university's Asylum Seeker Scholarship covers the tuition fees and study related costs for a number of Asylum Seekers each year.
- Please refer to the university website to use their scholarships and funding search facility.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Priority is given to all first-year students (including postgraduate) providing they are eligible and apply by the specified date in August following exam results.
- Postgraduates are housed in Andrew Ure Hall, a few minutes' walk from the main academic buildings, library and popular city centre cafés, pubs, clubs and shops.
- Single study bedrooms in four- to six-person self-catering flats, with cabled Internet access and Wi-Fi in the communal areas. Single and mixed sex flats are available.
- Accommodation contracts run from September to August (50 weeks) for postgraduate students.