Choosing a university checklist
Choosing a university needs a lot of thought and research. Use our checklist to make sure you find your perfect university.
To help you narrow down your final university choices, we've put together a list of questions to think about:
- Does the university offer the course you’d like to do?
- Are the entry requirements realistic for the grades you're likely to get?
- Have you been to an open day?
- Is it close or far away enough from home?
- Can you afford to live in the local area?
- Is the campus easy to get to?
- Is it safe?
- Is the university set up in the way you’d like, i.e. is it a campus or city university?
- Does the university offer extracurricular activities you'd like to take part in?
- Can you study abroad or go on a placement?
- Are there any other interesting additional options on offer that appeal to you?
- How does the university do in the league tables?
For any university you apply to, you should be able to answer these questions positively. If you still have too many possible options, focus on your main priorities and rule out the ones that don’t perform as well in these areas.
If you need any more information about any of the topics on the list, just click the question to find out more.