University of Suffolk
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
At the University of Suffolk, students become part of a global network on a journey both exciting and challenging. Students benefit from the university's collaborations and partnerships with people, organisations and communities in the UK and internationally, helping them build the skills they need for their future career.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
225 international students in 2017–18
- The university runs an induction programme where students meet other international students and find out more about living and studying in the UK, providing a great opportunity to make friends and settle in.
- International students have full access to student support services for the duration of their course.
English Language Requirements
- For undergraduate study: IELTS (academic) 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all components
- For undergraduate professional health courses: IELTS (academic) 7.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all components
- For postgraduate study: IELTS (academic): 6.5 or 7.0 overall depending on the choice of course with a minimum 5.5 in all components.
- Password Skills test: the University of Suffolk also offers the Password Skills test at a cost of £40. This test meets UKVI requirements and can be completed at the university, by Skype or at the student's agents office.
Accommodation for International Students
- Students from outside the UK are encouraged to stay in the on-campus accommodation at Athena Hall, where there is a mixture of cluster flats and studio flats.
- Students should apply for accommodation as soon as they receive an offer of study.
- Alternative accommodation is available off campus; the Infozone team can provide advice to all students about the accommodation options.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Suffolk offers scholarships up to the value of £1,500 to all international fee-paying students who enrol at the university in 2019. Please refer to the university website for details.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.