University of Suffolk
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Ipswich (Show on map)
- UCS Bury St Edmunds (Show on map)
- UCS Great Yarmouth (Show on map)
- UCS Lowestoft (Show on map)
- UCS Otley (Show on map)
- UCS at Suffolk New College (Show on map)
- Athena Hall is the on-campus halls of residence on the Ipswich waterfront. It is ideal for new undergraduate students and offers a mixture of cluster flats and studio rooms.
- Athena Hall is just 300 metres from the Waterfront building, and next to the James Hehir building. On the ground floor is a gym and a pharmacy, with local shops and amenities close by.
- Off-campus accommodation suits continuing students, groups who want to live together, or those looking for more independent living.
|Self-Catered||from £120 to £171 per week|
The costs above are for the academic year 2019/20
- The University of Suffolk is located on the stunning Ipswich waterfront. A flourishing town, Ipswich is the destination of choice for those seeking the best in entertainment, architecture and the arts, whilst retaining a hint of its peaceful, Dickensian charm.
- Packed with shops, independent boutiques, restaurants, bistros, pubs and cafés, Ipswich also benefits from being just over an hour away from London.
Nightlife and Culture
- Many nightclubs in Ipswich run nights especially for students. Ipswich has developed a thriving, varied music scene with opportunities for new bands to play in smaller venues. Larger bands have played at Portman Road to over 20,000 fans.
- Cultural experiences can be found at Ipswich's theatres. The Wolsey Theatre is known for innovative productions, the smaller Sir John Mills Theatre has an eclectic selection of amateur and professional shows, and the Regent Theatre hosts major touring acts, both in drama and music. There are also multiplex and independent cinemas.
- Sports can be enjoyed at Portman Road, the home of Ipswich Town Football Club, and there is a dry ski-slope for those looking for something a little different.
- Elsewhere, the seaside resorts of Felixstowe in the south, Lowestoft in the north and Great Yarmouth just over the Norfolk border, offer all the fun of traditional piers and a great day out for students. Bury St Edmunds offers an enjoyable nightlife along with a varied mixture of shops, restaurants, multiscreen cinema and the elegant Theatre Royal.
- The Ipswich campus is around a 10-minute walk from the town.
- Ipswich train station is a 10–15 minute walk from campus, with direct trains to the local area and to Cambridge and London, both just over an hour away.