University of Suffolk
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Postgraduate students are welcome to apply for on-campus accommodation at Athena Hall, where there is a mixture of cluster flats and studio rooms; however accommodation is not guaranteed therefore students are advised to apply as soon as they receive an offer of study.
- Alternative accommodation is available off campus. The Infozone team can provide advice to all students about the accommodation options.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- An Alumni Postgraduate Loyalty Scheme is offered to graduates of the university who wish to progress to postgraduate studies at the University of Suffolk.
- The university works in partnership with the University of East Anglia (UEA) to provide PhD courses in the following research areas: Computer Science and Informatics, Health and Biological Sciences, History, Social Policy (including Social Work, Business Management and Heritage, Education), and Sport and Exercise Science.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
388 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 18%
- Part Time 82%
- UK 95%
- EU 1%
- Other 4%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||5||130||135|
|Subjects allied to medicine||0||100||100|
|Creative arts & design||0||20||20|
|Mass communications & documentation||0||5||5|
|Engineering & technology||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.