University of Suffolk
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Opened in 2007 and gaining university status in 2016, the University of Suffolk is one of the newest universities in the UK, defined by its modern, forward-thinking and responsive attitude to the world around. It is home to an increasingly strong academic community where research, enterprise, innovation and scholarship are flourishing in many areas.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
455 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 14%
- Part Time 86%
- UK 96%
- EU 2%
- Other 2%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||5||125||130|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||50||50|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||20||20|
|Art & Design||0||15||15|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- An Alumni Postgraduate Loyalty Scheme is offered to graduates of the university who wish to progress to postgraduate studies at the University of Suffolk.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate students are welcome to apply for on-campus accommodation at Athena Hall, where there is a mixture of cluster flats and studio rooms; accommodation is not guaranteed therefore students are advised to apply as soon as they receive an offer of study.
- Alternative accommodation is available off campus. The Infozone team can provide advice to all students about the accommodation options.