University of Sunderland
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Quick Guides to Undergraduate Tuition Fees
- Find and check fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Find out more about university tuition fees and financial support wherever you're from and wherever you're planning to study.
- Use our Student Loan Calculator to estimate when you would repay your loan.
Bursaries and Scholarships
There are a wide range of scholarships; the following are a selection. Please refer to the university website for details:
- Excellence Scholarship: £1,000 cash scholarship in both year 1 and year 2.
- StudyPlus and off-campus scholarships: the StudyPlus Scholarship provides students on the integrated foundation year with £200 of funds plus a bundle of study skills books worth £80. Other first year undergraduate students will receive £150 of funds. The Off-Campus Scholarship gives a fee-reduction of £1,200 for students on full-time undergraduate courses at partner colleges, and a cash Progression Scholarship of £500 is available for foundation degree students who progress to an on-campus top-up year. A Study Abroad scholarship provides a cash award of £1,000 to fund study abroad for a year or semester in year 2.
- Get There Scholarship: All full-time first-year undergraduate UK and EU students can enjoy free travel on Metro, bus, ferry and some Northern Rail services, or a discount on university-managed accommodation. Full-time students in subsequent years can get discounted travel.
- There are also scholarships for students from households with low income (below £42,875), or who have experienced care or are estranged from family support.