University of Sunderland
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Sunderland is a highly-respected UK university, combining academic excellence with fantastic student support and pastoral care, ensuring graduates leave career-ready. Providing education since 1901, the university offers a rich education and high-quality facilities and is proud to be innovative, accessible, and inspirational.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
4,310 international students in 2016–17
- The University of Sunderland understands that travelling around the world to a new country can be a daunting experience.
- The university provides an Airport Arrival Service for new students arriving at Newcastle International Airport (NCL) to put them at ease when they arrive. The arrivals can team help to arrange transport from Newcastle International Airport to accommodation.
English Language Requirements
- The university accepts a wide range of English language qualifications. Please refer to the university website for details and specific course English language requirements.
- Undergraduate minimum IELTS 6.0, with at least 5.5 or higher in each component: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students are integrated across the student population. The university encourages multicultural allocation.
- Students can however choose to stay in single culture or gender flats or together with a group of friends, dependent on availability.
- International undergraduate and postgraduate students are guaranteed accommodation until they finish their course.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.