University of Sunderland
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Sunderland is a highly-respected UK university, combining academic excellence with fantastic student support and pastoral care, ensuring graduates leave career-ready. Providing education since 1901, the university offers a rich education and high-quality facilities and is proud to be innovative, accessible, and inspirational.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
3,865 international students in 2017–18
- The University of Sunderland understands that travelling around the world to a new country can be a daunting experience.
- An airport arrival service is provided for new students arriving at Newcastle International Airport (NCL), to put them at ease when they reach the UK; the team can help to arrange transport from the airport to their accommodation.
English Language RequirementsThe university accepts a wide range of English language qualifications. Please refer to the university website for details and specific course English language requirements.
- Undergraduate minimum IELTS 6.0, with at least 5.5 or higher in each component (reading, writing, listening and speaking).
Accommodation for International Students
- International students are integrated across the student population. The university encourages multicultural allocation.
- Students can however choose to stay in single culture or gender flats or together with a group of friends, dependent on availability.
- International undergraduate and postgraduate students are guaranteed accommodation until they finish their course.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- International Scholarship: £1,500 tuition fee reduction (undergraduate) or £1,000 tuition fee reduction (postgraduate) for all international students.
- The International Student Support team helps students throughout their studies, advising on immigration issues, the latest changes to Tier 4 policy guidance and much more.
- There are also various drop in events and a monthly International Coffee Afternoon, which all international students are welcome to attend for advice, or just to meet new friends.