University of Sunderland
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Postgraduate students are guaranteed accommodation until they finish their course.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
2,424 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 64%
- Part Time 36%
- UK 54%
- EU 5%
- Other 42%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||35||1110||1145|
|Subjects allied to medicine||55||235||290|
|Engineering & technology||0||170||170|
|Mass communications & documentation||10||80||90|
|Creative arts & design||25||55||80|
|Historical & philosophical studies||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.