University of Sunderland
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Sunderland offers taught and research postgraduate degrees, across the arts and creative industries, sciences, computing, engineering and manufacturing, sport, education, law, tourism and more.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,300 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 63%
- Part Time 37%
- UK 71%
- EU 5%
- Other 24%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||30||390||420|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||60||250||310|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||120||125|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||5||95||95|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||70||70|
|Art & Design||15||40||55|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||35||35|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||35||35|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||30||30|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||20||20|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Alumni Loyalty Scheme: a 20% discount off course fees for eligible (Level 5–8) graduates of the university returning any full-time postgraduate course, such as MA, MSc, LLM, MBA, MPhil, PhD, based at the Sunderland campuses.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate students are guaranteed accommodation until they finish their course.